Creating an APP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an APP

Does anyone know how/who/what to contact to make me an APP for my website?

I had it made 'Responsive' two months ago, however, my competitors are signing off their email signatures with "Get our APP" etc, etc

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or for the wrong forum even, but can anyone help on this one or advise?

Thank you

It depends what you want the app to do. If you have a responsive site it would be mobile ready. Many shops don't have an app. Sitepoint has an article Do You Really Need an App for That? which says: "Generally speaking, if you are trying to help users complete tasks then a native application may be the way to go. But, if you are primarily delivering content then turn first to a mobile friendly website."
    Peblaco

Comment

Excellent Louise, just about sums it all up

Comment

you may? think about looking at this route.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/enterprise-web-developer-community
        /x_gdjmTwN7Q

this is javascript + react.js that actually looks and feels like a native app. At the moment, they are doing it for apple lookalike but they promise android is coming. Apple has also bought into it and has fully supported it.

React is from Facebook (but you are NOT forced to use facebook in any way) so the source is good and reading between the lines, they intend to improve things internally

a couple of fantastic things
        • its cheaper (free)
        • same source for android and apple (its 'react' that creates the interface)
        • don't need 'APP building knowledge'
        • Its quickly adapted so you don't need to re-visit the app builder when you think of another idea
        the problem I see imediately is having access to your products in json or other formats.

kev

Comment

Working...
        X