Larger 'other info box' as per advanced user guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larger 'other info box' as per advanced user guide

I just applied the Advanced User Guide fix to make the "other info" box bigger.

It works, but after say two lines of text have been added, it firstly displays them in the cart with %0a in front of the second line, and then when you checkout it joins them together into one long line but with %0a between them.

I realise this may be the delimiter to show where the lines split, but why %0a - it just looks weird and I'm sure will put customers off.

Any ideas how to make this look a little slicker ?

here is my link
    http://www.nicestuff.co.uk/acatalog/...EER_CRATE.html

Hi thanks for that. Dunno what is going on here. I have applied the fix from the AUG, amended it to 2013 as per Norman, then applied the ClaeCGA/ClassyGlass additional fix javascript - but it is now worse

If I put
    Line 1
    Line 2

it comes out as

line 1 %0aline 2

I just went to the classglass site to try their checkout and it still have the original %0a symbols in, so I don't know why they haven't implemented their own fix.

(not sure why the latest version of the AUG does not have the latest version fix in it but thats another story)

Comment

Weird - if reformed what I just typed - it comes out as:

line & #32; 1& #1 3;& # 37;0 aline & # 3 2;2

Comment

The site you mentioned had upgraded to v2014 so perhaps they did not remember to add the fix in, or added it but it did not work.

You may find it worthwhile adding a reply on the end of the original knowledge base article post as the original code was posted in 2009, there was an update added for v2013, it's possible the script may have been changed again since then and may need an update for v2014.
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          The site you mentioned had upgraded to v2014 so perhaps they did not remember to add the fix in, or added it but it did not work.

You may find it worthwhile adding a reply on the end of the original knowledge base article post as the original code was posted in 2009, there was an update added for v2013, it's possible the script may have been changed again since then and may need an update for v2014.
          Yes, unfortunately the fix no longer seems to work. It has only come to our attention today that the problem had resurfaced. Anyone found anything that works yet?

Comment

Yet another example of a requirement being laboriously developed and utilised by loads of people, only for the code to break unexpectedly due to an "upgrade".

In my view, all these fixes and tweaks that have been published in the Advanced User Guide should be integrated into the standard Sellerdeck product at the earliest opportunity.

Otherwise how on earth can we ever progress? We are constantly chasing our tails, revisiting problems that were solved years ago.

There are countless articles in the AUG that really should not be hacks - they are so near the norm of what you would expect the product to include as standard, that it boggles the mind why they are not "in the box".

Comment

Originally posted by rookers View Post
              Yet another example of a requirement being laboriously developed and utilised by loads of people, only for the code to break unexpectedly due to an "upgrade".

In my view, all these fixes and tweaks that have been published in the Advanced User Guide should be integrated into the standard Sellerdeck product at the earliest opportunity.

Otherwise how on earth can we ever progress? We are constantly chasing our tails, revisiting problems that were solved years ago.

There are countless articles in the AUG that really should not be hacks - they are so near the norm of what you would expect the product to include as standard, that it boggles the mind why they are not "in the box".
              You're not wrong there!

Edit - Also, the information presented in the Advanced User Guide is still the same information THAT DIDN'T WORK IN 2013! Norman came up with a much more elegant solution than mine that I presume worked. Why was that not presented in the Advanced User Guide? Why is the information even in the AUG anymore if it hasn't worked in over a year?

Comment

Working...
              X