Link to Product Page Wrong in Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to Product Page Wrong in Filter

I have single product per page. In the Links for each product I have Links from Products List, clicking the product image, text link or product name displays the product page, and Links from Product page, product image link to Extended Info (larger image). This works fine except when the section has a filter (not filter only), which is most sections. From the section listing page, clicking an image and clicking the text link work fine in bringing up the product page, but clicking the product name brings up the Extended Info (large image) and the customer does not get to see the product details or an Add to Cart. The settings are definitely correct in the products.

For the filtering options for the section page that come up at the bottom, I have Match product list to Filtered Results set to False. If I select True, for some strange reason each product on the listing page has two entries in its box, one under the other.

Any ideas as how to get the product name link to work correctly, ie to bring up the Product Page?

The problem can be seen on www.sugarfreemegastore.com.

Sarah

If you are sure the software Links tab settings are correct, the most probable issues are either a database corruption or bug or incorrect code in the product layout. It looks like you have customised the layout as it includes a buy now link, you could make a backup and revert the layout to factory.
    Peblaco

Comment

I tried revert

Hello Louise. I reverted the Filtered Product Summary to factory setting and it made no difference. This is not surprising, as I don't think I ever edited it. It is not being used as in the section I have selected False to Match product list to filtered results, so it is presumably using the Regular Product Summary, which I have edited. This layout works fine when no filter.

I would rather select True, but when doing this I get a duplicate of each product in its box, looks like the Filtered Product Summary with the Regular Product Summary below it. If I could fix this duplication I think it might solve the problem.

Sarah

Comment

Sorted, Sort Of!

I copied pasted the contents of the Regular Product Summary (my edit) from one website to the one with the problem. Now the link (clicking product name) takes you to product page and not to extended info. I still have to select False for Match product page to filtered results, so that I still have the Buy Now link that I wanted. If I select True it is OK but without the Buy Now.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X