"Please select a state/province for United States"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Please select a state/province for United States"

I keep getting the "Please select a state/province for United States" error at the first stage of checkout, regardless of what is selected.

The Tax zone (No Tax) and all shipping zones involving the USA have been checked to make sure that the United States is correctly placed in all of them. We've also tried compacting the database, ensuring all the fields are correctly shown and mandatory/optional in the Text window.

The strange thing is that other countries with regions (Canada for instance) work perfectly, as do other countries in the same tax and shipping zones. Clearly not all countries have been checked but at the moment it looks like the problem is solely limited to the United States.

Right now as it stands, I've removed all regions for the USA in Locations (and re-added United States to the correct Tax/Shipping zones in Business Settings). It is just a text box, like the United Kingdom, and the error is still given exactly the same as before.

I've had no luck so far through support. Has anybody else had this sort of problem?
    This seems like a massive flaw as it effectively disallows any US customers from ordering entirely.

Hi we had this issue, Kieran Smith at Sellerdeck support came up with the following solution

A workaround has been found for this issue.
    If you do the following and let me know how it goes: -
    This appears to be a bug ( SD-4998 )
    I have been given a suggested work around.
    Please do the following:
    NOTE: please make a snapshot before doing the following.
    1. Close down the software and browse to your "Site1" folder
    2. Find the "ActinicOrder.pm" file and open it in notepad.
    3. Press Ctrl + F and find
    if ("US" eq $sCountryCode)
    4, Once you have found this, replace the code with the following code:
    if ("USX" eq $sCountryCode)
    5. Save the file and exit.
    6. Open up the software and upload the site.
    This will force the processing for US to follow the same path as for other countries. Note that buyers paying with PayPal will need to enter the US State using the 2 character state code or PayPal will reject the address.

Comment

There was a second part to this issue, with a fix below

I have made the change in ActinicOrder.pm and US customers can now pass to the next stage of the checkout.

Would I be correct in assuming that they can’t use paypal though, as there is only the option to use a state from the drop down list and not add a two digit state code?

I have a workaround for that part of the issue, but it's quite complex:

NOTE: The perl script change still needs to be applied. And also make a snapshot before doing the following.

• close SellerDeck
      • open the database in the site folder with Access
      • delete the States table from the site folder
      • open the database in the Original folder with Access
      • copy the States table from the Original database to the site database
      • close both instances of Access
      • open SellerDeck
      • Locate the tax zones that refer to Canada and United States ** Remove and re-add Canada and United States (this is so the States are taken into account)
      • Locate the shipping zones that refer to Canada and United States ** Remove and re-add Canada and United States
      (If you would like I can do the Access changes for you but the rest I can't as it requires your site data).

Then refresh the website.

Comment

Thank you EditorKit. I'll try this fix now.
        I've just checked the release log for SellerDeck 14.02 and found this about it:

"Not allowing 'None of the above' no longer causes US address validation failure, SD-4998", as shown here http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/docs/rel...eNotes1402.pdf

I hadn't realised we were on 14.01 instead and we do disallow "None of the above". I'll try updating and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll try modifying the Perl folder.

Edit: This has been fixed by upgrading to SellerDeck 14.03
        Last edited by UKCCSam; 04-Sep-2015, 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Working...
        X