Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home link on navigation menu

Hi all

I would like to have a 'Home' link in the main navigation bar, as it used to be on pre responsive versions of Sellerdeck, but I currently cannot see how to do this. This would be my preferred option.

I see that the home link is included in the 'brochure page list' and its position can be set in the design wizard options, however, the style of it does not stretch to match the rest of the main navigation...

This may be a solution, however, I am also unable to see how to 'not show' a section/brochure page in the menu? Am I missing something here? I am sure this used to be an option.

Any help welcome. Thanks again

Adam

Apologies, meant to include a link to the test website...you can see what I am referring to here

http://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/test/index.html

Thanks

Comment

It looks like you already added a Home link in the mega menu bar, or did you mean a different menu?
      Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise

The home link that is there is from the 'brochure page list' option in the design wizard. I would like to simply add a home link to the mega menu itself, and then not show the borchure page list, as it includes other pages that I do not want up there, such as the 'Scottish Walks' page

Also, the design is strange, the outline to the 'Home' link is half the size of the menu itself, hence the need to add the link directly to the mega menu.

Not sure if I am making sense!

Comment

The brochure and section menus use two different lists and the text is not the same height. Fix is here thanks to Norman.
          Peblaco

Comment

That's great, thanks, i'll give that a go. The layout at present is even worse in firefox, it seems to put the mega menu on the line below!

Comment

That fix has worked very well, thank you.

However, just to tidy it up, do you know how i can get the hover effect to be the same on all parts of the main megamenu? hovering over the items which only use one line of text, the grey hover effect sits halfway through the menu item, and the dropdown menu does the same.

Can I get this to be the same for all of them, so that the grey hover is always at the bottom, and the top of the resulting menu is at the bottom of the megamenu?

Comment

Thanks Louise, that might be a little bit beyond me, but i might have a play and see what happens. Otherwise, i might just make the text for each bit shorter....

Comment

Working...
                X