Background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background image

It shouldn't take an entire afternoon to try and figure out how to use a background image rather than a colour, but that is what I have done and still not discovered how. I hate Sellerdeck 14.03! What an absolute pain!
    Settings/Site Options/General/Appearance Settings/Store is during a background colour not an image/false
    Settings/Site Options/General/Appearance Settings/Background Image/MY-IMAGE.JPG

What else do I need to do?
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

I managed it but cant remember quite how - I will try and look at what I did - I do regret not leaving it white though!

Have you put the image in the site 1 folder or in images and pointed correctly to it?
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Yes everything appears as it should, it's a mystery why it's not showing. I have added images into the sidebars without problems (can't centre them but that's another problem), so image location is fine. Background colour in themes is not greyed out, which I believe it should be, at least according to the help section, so something is amiss.

You could just change it back if you don't like the image
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

The background menu settings for image or colour don't work in Smart and Classic themes, the CSS stylesheet adds a background gradient.
        Peblaco

Comment

Wow! They don't make it easy for you do they! They seem to be making Sellerdeck for developers only. Why have settings if you can use them? The only themes ARE the classic and smart responsive themes. They should tell you to ignore most of it as it is actually quite useless and likely to waste your time! Come back Actinic, all is forgiven!
          Thank you for your help Peblaco , much appreciated.
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KarenBM View Post
            Wow! They don't make it easy for you do they! They seem to be making Sellerdeck for developers only. Why have settings if you can use them? The only themes ARE the classic and smart responsive themes. They should tell you to ignore most of it as it is actually quite useless and likely to waste your time! Come back Actinic, all is forgiven!
            Thank you for your help Peblaco , much appreciated.
            I have to agree, SD does not meet expectations, I had V10 and expected V14 to be a bit more modern, it is responsive but has no new edit features. The days of typing stuff into computers is over, it should be drag and drop and tick boxes. If it wasn't for Peblaco we would be lost.

Ok maybe you do have to type some stuff in, but in 2015 I don't think it is unreasonable to expect some flexible graphical features. These days what your site looks like is more important than your products and it really should look a lot better out of the box. Post after post users are saying "I can't believe it doesn't do......"

Come on SD it's good but not good enough.

Comment

Working...
            X