Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server.

Hi

We are in the process of moving 8 sites on sellerdeck version 14.0.3 to a new server (which Webfusion said we needed to enable us to run the crypt::ssleay perl module which will enable our sage pay upgrade to version 3)

However we are having issues. We are a very small business and even though I am just a graphic and web designer I'm been asked to make sure the process goes smoothly. I've out of my depth really...anyway everytime I try to upload the website nothing happens. On network settings these are the 2 error messages I get:

'SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.'

Once I click ok it says:

'The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means SellerDeck can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup.'

I haven't changed anything in the network settings box. Webfusion have advised it is me changing the IP address to the new address but I haven't so it should still be working. Any thought? We need to have this all sorted by Friday!

We don't really have a lot of information to work with. Has the dns been changed to point to the new web server? Are you trying to do this using an IP address? Are webfusion displaying a temporary page on the domain?

Webfusion have advised it is me changing the IP address to the new address but I haven't
    It might be best if you could export, then copy and paste your network settings into the thread so we can take a look at them. Make sure you over-write your username and password.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Network settings for denprocare.co.uk

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
      HTTPPROXYADDRESS
      HTTPPROXYPORT 80
      HTTPPROXYUSER
      HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
      FTPPROXYMODE 0
      FTPPROXYADDRESS
      FTPPROXYPORT 21
      FTPPROXYUSER
      FTPPROXYPASSWORD
      SCRIPTID 2
      SCRIPTEXT .pl
      SMTPHOST localhost
      WEBSITEURL http://www.denprocare.co.uk
      IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
      USERELATIVECGIURLS true
      PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
      USEENHANCEFTP true
      FTPBUFFERSIZE 4
      FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
      FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
      FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
      FTPSILENT false
      FTPMAXRETRIES 3
      FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
      SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
      SMTPUSERNAME
      SMTPPASSWORD
      COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
      COMPRESSEDUPLOAD true
      CATALOGURL http://www.denprocare.co.uk/acatalog/
      ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
      CGIBINURL http://www.denprocare.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
      FTPHOST 94.136.47.102
      FTPUSERNAME
      FTPPASSWORD
      PATHTOCGIBIN /public_html/cgi-bin/
      USEPASSIVEFTP true
      FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

Comment

Has the dns been changed to point to the new web server?
        No not yet - we have to test the sites first to see if they are working - they appear to be but I cannot upload the sites from actinic

Are you trying to do this using an IP address?

IP address is the old one - webfusion have said we are not on stage 2 yet - when we change the glue records to point to the new server

Are webfusion displaying a temporary page on the domain?
        Not sure - I presume the sites are on the new server now but still using the old IP?

Sorry for lack of clarity - will be phoning them again soon

Comment

FTPHOST 94.136.47.102
          This looks to me like it could be the problem. Why are you using an IP address for the ftp, from what I can see Denprocare.co.uk is on 94.136.47.103.

It seems to me as if you might be trying to upload the site to the new server but when sellerdeck tries to test using the domain name it clearly won't be able to find it.

Mike

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the replies. How is this changed, and what is it meant to be changed to ?

Is it on network settings?

We have always had the IP address in the server host box in network settings (under FTP details)

Comment

This is really something I'd ask webfusion support about.

If those are the same settings that worked in the past then I'd be reluctant to change anything without understanding what the problem is first.

From what I can gather, you're saying the site is already 14.0.3 but you're trying an upload just to make sure everything is working with the settings before webfusion switch the servers?

In which case what do you expect to change?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

I'm also in contact with webfusion and they aren't sure, so I'm trying all avenues of help - including ringing actinic/sellerdeck.

I'm expecting changes that I made in actininc (ie adding new content) to be reflected.

From what I can gather, you're saying the site is already 14.0.3 but you're trying an upload just to make sure everything is working with the settings before webfusion switch the servers?

Yes we are on phase 1 of testing and phase 2 is changing the DNS records, once testing is complete.

I'm speaking to webfusion now - I think switching servers is proving very problematic.

Comment

Hi Mike

This is now sorted - it was the hosts file causing an issue - I was seeing the sites on the new server and not seeing changes actinic was making to the sites on the old IP address...if that makes any sense.

Thanks for your comments however.

Comment

Yes, it's all very odd.

Any changes you make should be reflected in the site, especially if you haven't made any changes to the settings.

It might be best to rely on webfusion to identify the problem as it could be that they've changed something at their end. If you can get help from sellerdeck then would also be good as they can take a copy of your site and run some tests to see what isn't working.

What I don't want to do is make things worth by tinkering with the network setttings when the problem could well lie elsewhere.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X