Payment by bacs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment by bacs

I want to set up something on the website so that people can place an order and, rather than paying immediately, we send them bacs details after they have ordered. There are loads of options in the business settings like "pay offline", "invoice with order" etc but I could not find any explanation of what the differences are or one that would be the same as "send me your bank details".

I am happy to manually send people the bacs details I just want them to be able to complete an order without actually having to pay for it, knowing they have to pay later.

You can change the payment descriptions for website and the order tabs, I did one for phone to pay, just add one and edit if I recall.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We added "Invoice and pay by bank transfer" to the options in the check out and have been surprised by the number of people that choose this.

No processing fees so it's win, win.
      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the messages. I could not work out how to add a different payment option, I tried adding one of the options that was list in Business settings - payment and security but it did not show up on the website. The option I tried was "credit card details sent separately".

I could not see where I could define my own headings or how to add them in the instructions.

Comment

You can choose what the description is for on the website or via the order, via business settings / payment and security, simply click the mouse over the descriptions to edit them.
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We do this as well and then when the invoice is printed we show our bank details on there for bacs payments.
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks again for the replies. I did get this working although I had to start with the right choice and not just choose any choice and then change the text.

The one I chose was "invoice with order". When I chose "credit card details sent separately I could not make the option live because Sellerdeck wanted a merchant ID. Just posting this information in case it helps someone else.

I am send bank details manually. I nearly put them on the site for all to see but am concerned about security of I do that. However it is not much better to send them by email anyway - if a crook wants our bank details all he needs to do is make a fake order and request them, which is not hard. Still if we get money by BACS people can't take it back as they can with credit cards.

Comment

I've been considering that as well.

I'd like to put on the email that customers get when they place the order ' BACS details will be sent separately if you have chosen that payment option' or similar wording.

The BACS details on the invoice is fine but as it might be a few hours before we download the orders the customer may be wondering how the BACS works as there is no description on the payment system.

How do others get round this?
                Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

A quick query on the BACS.

I want to alter the 'order received' email to inform the customer about the method of payment.

Do I need to alter the inner layout as I've tried just altering the template itself and it doesn't seem to accept the changes.
                  Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

Have a look at: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...572#post552572

It puts the Bank Details in the Receipt when BACS is the selected option.

Putting Bank details in the customer email would probably fall foul of GDPR

Thank you
                    Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer
                    SellerDeck Website Designer
                    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Putting Bank details in the customer email would probably fall foul of GDPR
                      Are you sure? Unless I'm completely missing something I don't see how this would be showing any private customer information.
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Possibly because email is inherently insecure?

On refelection I have a feeling GDPR allows you to share your own details, it is other people's details you cannot share.

One would be sending your own bank details to the customer so he can pay you. You are not releasing anyone elses information.

EDIT

I have edited https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...572#post552572 to show the email layout change and some refinements to the receipt page layout
                        Jonathan Chappell
                        Website Designer
                        SellerDeck Website Designer
                        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X