product images not listing in google search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product images not listing in google search

So I wondered why the site www.danish-homestore.com is performing badly and through webmaster tools found that all but a few of our product images DO NOT show up when you do a google search and switch to images.

This is a HUGE problem as our products are heavily searched by images which is why i employ the brilliant LIGHTBOX from Norman.

The images are all named according to the product they refer to yet dont show in searches.
    Each product has 10 images of different angles and names, all unique named.

is there a way to remidy this and let google find the images as it seems they are not found at present either in the lightbox or the image folder in acatalog??

The site underwent the redesign to be responsive and has just performed horribly ever since

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Simon

I've taken a look and and from what I can see Google is showing something like a thousand of your images in the main image results and when you select each of these then comes along with the usual 7 'related' images and hundreds more when you click the 'view more'.

So whatever your problem is I don't think it's Google not finding or indexing the images.

To see this for yourself just type site:www.danish-homestore.com/ into the google image search page.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Clarification

Hi Mike,

The images are showing as you say when you search for the shop BUT of the 2 first lines the images that are actual images are the first 3 the rest are twitter, pintrest etc.

The ranking in analytics for images is 863 which is terrible considering the number of images we have out there.

Also the hits for a keyword like Hans wegner, from whom we have lots of products. We dont rank?

Comment

I've also looked at some of your products and how they appear in the search results and they look pretty normal to me.

If you'd like to give me an example of a product that you think isn't doing well and what search phrase you're using then I'll be happy to take another look at it.

Mike

Comment

Looks like we cross posted.

BUT of the 2 first lines the images that are actual images are the first 3 the rest are twitter, pintrest etc.
          You've lost me on this. Is this for a different search term?

Comment

OK. I think I know what you're saying. An image search for "hans wegner shell chair fritz hansen" for example puts your images in the first two places. The rest are from other sites, including pinterest.

I'm not sure you can really expect google to give you more than the top 2-3 places in any search result and social sharing is big so it's hardly surprising Google includes them in the search results.

As for more general search terms such as 'Hans Wegner Chair'. I found you in position 96 in the regular serps and but not sure where you were in the images. I did find three of the top five in the regular serps were also in the top five of the image serps so I suspect it might be fair to say that there could well be a lot of common factors in Google's ranking factors for deciding which sites they suggest to their users.

I think it might be worth looking at your SEO plans. For example if 'Hans Wegner Chairs' is one of your key search phrases, are you doing enough to make sure you do well for that phrase in the serps?

Comment

if you do an image search for site:http://www.danish-homestore.com/ wegner there seems to be plenty of images so they are indexed.

things to look for: duplicate content. If there is an older version of a page or image that will tend to be shown first. If you've published the image before, shared it via social media etc and then changed the website with new urls for page or image

The also appear here: http://www.designaddict.com/buy-and-...er-shell-chair looks like the reference is back to yourselves but if content is duplicated and they have a higher ranking the image will be through them.

There are a few things you could do to speed the page up which might help overall rankings.
              seems to be lacking in text compared to code.

http://seorch.eu/seo-check/www-danis...-03-20-83.html

no keywords in h2,h3,h4 tags

Comment

Working...
              X