Simple and Advanced Tax mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for any pointers where to look next with regard to this problem with SellerDeck Link

I am set to Advanced tax mode in SellerDeck Business (2014 PBIA) and Link v2.8.3.0.2 PMAE

For one country (Belgium) Link thinks SellerDeck is using Simple Tax mode and is very clearly not and its set to Advanced tax mode in both bits of software. I have gone through and checked the setup, the data, but no joy. I get the error message

"You are using Advanced Tax mode in Link but you set Simple Tax mode in Business. Please put Simple Tax mode in Link."

However we are definitely using Advanced Tax mode in both (as set in SellerDeck business settings and Tax tab in Link)

Any thoughts? I am perplexed.

Ta

Phil
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

The only think I can think of is to make sure you've put Belgium in the correct Tax Zone.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion but that is done ok. I have it with Development but I have yet to hear back. I note that often the community comes up with pearls of wisdom or just sees things from a different point of view and so a solution is found.

Any other thoughts?

Phil
      Phil Howell
      Director
      Intuition Un Ltd

Also
      Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs

Comment

As it's only for one country it sounds to me as if the problem could be an incorrect tax setting in the database for that country. Without looking into the database it's hard to be sure exactly what's happening so the only other things I can think of is to:

1. compact and repair the database. It might fix the issue but I'm doubtful.

2. Remove Belgium from the list of countries for the tax zone, then close and restart Sellerdeck and add Belgium back in. The hope would be that this might force sellerdeck to set up the tax details for Belgium from fresh. Hopefully without the same problem reoccuring.

As always. I'd suggest you make a backup before doing anything that could have a material impact on the way the system is working.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Could it be item specific as you can specify the item tax there ?

Comment

Update

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know its logged as a bug. We do digital downloads so have to have VAT rates for 27 european countries logged as ids from 30-57 as vat codes. I thought I would share it with you and thank you for your responses.

Best wishes

Phil

As per development
            "This is a bug in the Sage Link code, its bug reference is AL-1038. At first sight it looks to be a bug that happens if you have that many taxes defined Simple tax IDs are stored as 101 and 201, your Belgium VAT is stored as 3201. The code finds a partial match hence the bug

"this is the list of tax rates affected" [NOTE:- in my set up may be not yours!]
            Austria VAT Standard
            Germany VAT Standard
            Poland VAT Standard
            Belgium VAT Standard
            Greece VAT Standard
            Portugal VAT Standard

This was created by the following SQL
            SELECT TaxBands.nBandID, Taxes.sTaxName, TaxBands.sBandName
            FROM Taxes INNER JOIN TaxBands ON Taxes.nTaxID = TaxBands.nTaxID
            WHERE (((TaxBands.nBandID) Like "201") or ((TaxBands.nBandID) Like "101"));

You need to ensure that your orders don't use a tax code that contains 101 or 201 as those are the simple tax band IDs

For example Belgium VAT \ Standard is 3201
            Rename Belgium VAT \ Standard as DUMMY, add another tax rate as DUMMY2, and create a new Standard @ 21%
            The orders created with that rate should transfer to Sage"

I am looking at how best to handle these orders and have a few ideas I want to test. This will therefore affect others who deal with EU Moss VAT and have sales in Europe.
            Phil Howell
            Director
            Intuition Un Ltd

Also

Comment

Working...
            X