Receipt emails not being sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipt emails not being sent

I have a long running problem (through V12, I'm now on V14.2) about receipt emails not being sent to either us or the customer. In Business Settings, the boxes are checked to send receipt emails to both the customer and a valid company email address.

I have tried testing the network setup - this I believe should generate an email but doesn't. I have tried entering 3 SMTP addresses: localhost, www.mydomain.com, and mail.mydomain.com, which is our email server.

When tested, all 3 addresses bring up an error message saying the SMTP address is not valid.

I suspect this might be the root of the problem but can't think what to do next, given all 3 of those addresses are rejected. And clues gratefully received.

Could it be something as simple as the password being incorrect?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Here's what it says on your host's support page (assuming it's Cala Records you're talking about):

The mail server you're on should be able to be reached by any of these hostnames:

mail.YourDomain.com
      biz127.inmotionhosting.com
      secure127.inmotionhosting.com

Of course replace YourDomain.com with your own domain name if using that one.

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Many thanks. Problem sorted.

Comment

Confirmation emails not being sent to customers

Every now and then this raises its head as an issue where the customers don't get their order confirmations and the business customer doesn't receive the email notification that an order has been placed. This continues for several days but then seems to resume.

Catalog client 12 0 0 0 5 is being used, hosting is via 123-reg

Comment

Is it shared hosting? Or VPS?

Is there any pattern to which email addresses are not being sent to? e.g. all Hotmail etc?
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Quick comment on the last two messages - this has been going on for more than a few days, in fact months. Sometimes the SD notifications do come through but its very scattergun. There's no pattern other than Paypal orders are less successful at getting SD returns than SECPay orders, and no relationship to email addresses.

Comment

Using 123-reg hosting package, not VPS

Is there any pattern to which email addresses are not being sent to? e.g. all Hotmail etc?

I have seen instances where hotmail seems to be the source of the problem, but at the moment no emails are being generated.

Comment

Hotmail

PS where I've seen hotmail crop up is where hotmail rejects an email to a hotmail customer and the order confirmation is bounced to the sender. Not the same situation as no confirmations going out.

Comment

nothing much to add other than PayPal has always been more of a problem as the receipt email is sent when they go back to the receipt page which doesn't always happen. It could still be a problem with a time out between payment processor and receipt page.

Comment

Granted that has always been a Paypal problem, since it requires customer action which doesn't always happen, but getting any Sellerdeck order confirmations is still a very hit and miss affair. Which makes me think that part of the problem at least lies with SD

Comment

Working...
                      X