Importing Orders only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Orders only

Is it possible to import the orders only from an old snapshot? I stupidly deleted orders going back to 2007 when I had V13. Started over again with V14.03 and have orders as from May 2015

I even tried to copy the 'Order' file from the Catalog .Mdb in to the V14's Catalog.Mdb. I can see all the orders via MS Access but in V14 it only shows orders as from May 2015

Surely I'm not the only person to have annoyingly deleted orders and then screamed like a child at what's just happened...?

Just a tad frustrating that you can import 'All Content' but when you import 'All Orders' the all content box is also ticked and greyed out, so technically, you're knackered. Perhaps because my site is now 'Responsive' is making it impossible to do - I don't know

Thanks and Happy New Year

You can only replace orders from a previous snapshot - unfortunately you can't append orders.

Comment

Thanks Duncan

That is so annoying because I can see them all in the database when I copy them over from old MDB to new MDB, just doesn't display in SD no matter what

Comment

If you have business plus (or whatever it's called now) could you license a new site and import them into that?
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hello Jules

I have V14.03 Business, I also have V13 as well which is where 2007-2015 orders are up to April 2015

So I imported the V13 in to V14. Then I imported the V14 in to V14 (Yep, sounds confusing) but I then got my site back as it is now with all my deleted orders - excellent from 2007 - April 2015

What I can't/couldn't do, is import the orders from a recent V14 snapshot that covers orders from May 2015 onwards

Yet it has to be possible as you can manually enter a new order in SD, but it don't like you actually copying from the MDB and doing it that way

Perhaps a wish list thread is required for this, but my gripe is that you can import a snapshot for 'All Content' without orders but just wanting to import orders only, the 'All Content' box is also ticked and greyed out

I know Duncan has kindly confirmed it can't be done, but there has to be a way round it, surely? Even using the File/Import Orders & Customers facility does not merge the existing orders and old orders together

Comment

It's been a while since I looked at the database but I'd guess the problem is that order data isn't limited to a single table so it isn't necessarily an easy task to ensure the keys that link the tables aren't duplicates.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
              It's been a while since I looked at the database but I'd guess the problem is that order data isn't limited to a single table so it isn't necessarily an easy task to ensure the keys that link the tables aren't duplicates.
              Is what is going through my head right now Mike

Comment

Out of the box you certainly can't append orders but Jan or Fergus may have ways to do it.

Old orders are sometimes the cause of slowing Catalog down in SellerDeck and it is generally recommended that orders are exported and removed every so often, perhaps annually, depending of course on the volume of orders you receive.

The database is quite complex around the orders and there are a number of tables that are linked in different ways, There's at least products, orders, payments, taxes, deliveries etc. involved.

Comment

That's what I do Duncan - at the end of every year I create a new site and move a year's orders into it. That way the database stays at a healthy size, but the old orders can be accessed at any time if necessary.
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                    That's what I do Duncan - at the end of every year I create a new site and move a year's orders into it. That way the database stays at a healthy size, but the old orders can be accessed at any time if necessary.
                    That's a clever solution Jules, basically every year in its own place
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
                      Out of the box you certainly can't append orders but Jan or Fergus may have ways to do it.

Old orders are sometimes the cause of slowing Catalog down in SellerDeck and it is generally recommended that orders are exported and removed every so often,.
                      Now that is absolutely true Duncan because my database is about 21mb as it is now, but when I manually copied the orders table over, the database went up to over 120mb in size

What you and Jules have said, is typical 'Wood for the trees' because technically, I've not lost anything, the past 8yrs of orders are on my V13 so what am I moaning about ?

Thanks to everyone for their input and I've learnt a few things

Comment

Working...
                      X