My site now has 404 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My site now has 404 error

My site disappeared on Friday with a 404 error. I can't seem to get any joy out of NameHOg who host it. They have said

Can you please confirm the CMS software used is using the latest stable release, also access your files via the File Manager in cPanel and remove suspicious files.

We do however insist that you use this opportunity to perform a clean reinstall of your CMS software and you do *not* copy any of the outdated or insecure files back again.

I use 14.0.3 I have checked in cPanel File Manager and can't find any suspicious files. not sure what they are asking me to do.

They clearly think your site has been hacked. The odd thing is that they appear to have blocked all access to the site and if they did that I'd expect them to have told you about it.

I would first of all get them to explain what they've done and why.

The other thing I would do is make a safe backup of any .ord and .occ files (these are your order and payment files IIRC).

Then I would delete everything on the server (including any .htaccess files but you need to check with your hosts if they have put one up themselves to block site access) and afterwards a full purge and refresh from sellerdeck. You will need access to be restored to the site to do anything from within sellerdeck.

Restoring the .ord and .occ files should allow sellerdeck to download any existing orders that are sitting on the server. Don't update sellerdeck before downloading any orders.

Also restore any htaccess files you'd put in place but check them for possible mistakes first.

Once everything is settled and working again, and existing orders downloaded, I'd make sure you're using the latest version of sellerdeck.

Personally, I'd want a full explanation from my server hosts what was going on and why.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have just spoken to NameHog and they said I have possible corrupt php files and so have removed my site. I can't seem to get much sense out of them although they may have a look if they have time. I will try what you have suggested.

Comment

Are you running anything other than SellerDeck on your website?
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

You wouldn't normally have any php files on a sellerdeck site unless you put them there.

I have possible corrupt php files and so have removed my site.
          This is what I'd like to know more about. If you can see files on your site then what did they do to remove it? and what do you need to do to get it live again?

Sellerdeck will upload a test file first to make sure everything is OK. But if it can't see your site it will stop and tell you there is an error.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X