Shopping Cart Loses Discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Loses Discount

I would be interested if any one else has the apparent same problem as me - let me explain.

When a coupon code offering a discount is offered, the code can be entered (indeed the shopping cart invites you to enter it) before logging in. You can of course login first - in which case the issue I am about to explain does not happen.

However, having entered the code without first logging in, the discount is then correctly applied ..... but then (i.e. next) you have to choose whether to login to checkout or to checkout as a guest. If you choose the latter you have to fill in all the name and address palava, so if you are registered it makes sense to login and avoid that.

However, this is where the error occurs, because by logging in, the discount previously applied successfully is then lost!"

Surely I cannot be the only one where this is happening. Is there anyone else who has this problem and of course have they found the solution/fix?

I would be most grateful for any help/advice.

Further to my post above, I have discovered a solution. I have removed the code that gives the ability to enter a coupon code BEFORE being offered the choice to login or before alternatively choosing to checkout without logging in (assuming that person is not registered). I notice that this appears to be the solution used by others on other sites - i.e. they are not given the chance to enter a coupon code until later in the checkout cycle.

Even so, I am at a loss to understand the purpose of having standard code that allows people to enter a coupon code only to have the discount then removed after they login.

There have been 20 views of my initial post but nobody has commented on that.

Comment

Working...
    X