The Mystery of Actinic Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using SellerDeck for quite few years now but have never understood "Actinic Tags" such as:

<Actinic:REMOVE TAG="RestoreButton">
    <actinic:variable name="ShoppingCartButton" value="Retrieve Button" />
    </Actinic:REMOVE>
    <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="RestoreButtonDisabled">
    <actinic:variable name="ShoppingCartButton" value="Retrieve Button Disabled" />
    </Actinic:REMOVE>

Furthermore, I cannot find any reference to them in the software Help. Is there a a . document/reference somewhere that explains what Actinic Tags are for and what they do? Perhaps there is a list of them somewhere that defines what each does.

Can anyone help me out please?

They are used by the Perl scripts - e.g. Cart, Checkout. They mark areas that may / may not be displayed depending on Cart content.

The ones you mention (I think) show enabled / disabled "Retrieve Saved Cart" buttons, depending on whether a Cart has been saved or not.

There's no documentation and tinkering with these is tricky as they only work within specific parts of their containing layouts.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

In your SellerDeck installed directory such as ..\Program Files\SellerDeckxxxx\ you will see a file called 'Variable Reference Guide.chm'. Open this help file and you will see a list of many of these tags. It will tell you what they are use for but not how to use them - as Norman says that's a lot more complicated.

(Or of course you can access this help file from inside SellerDeck on the Help menu)

Comment

Thank you to both Norman and Duncan. I understand now the purpose of these tags and something of how they work. I can now study the detail a bit more though I doubt I will ever create any new tags/amend the .pm scripts.

But .... thanks for your responses.

Comment

Working...
        X