Seo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seo

Can anyone recommend any SEO person as I have lost count how many people I have tried and how much money I have thrown away .I am only a small business so cant afford to pay a fortune .Hope someone on here can help me

Probably easier to do it yourself. Are you looking at on page stuff or trying to increase back links etc?

Comment

seo

To be honest anything that increases traffic and of course sales when I send a Newsletter out it increases sales and traffic for 2-3 days then back to 2-3 orders per day

Comment

Assuming that making everything as search friendly as possible will help ranking my usual tools are:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ this shows some speed issues You can also access this from within google analytics

screaming frog seo tool this will pull up missing seo stuff, over size images etc. the free version is large enough for your site.

seorch.eu does both of the above but on a page at a time plus gives you back link counts, readability scores and stuff like that.

I also use SEMrush.com to monitor my main keywords to check on their position in search ranks. Free for up to 10 key words

What are your conversion rates like?

Comment

Originally posted by janet View Post
          .I am only a small business so cant afford to pay a fortune
          Hi Janet, this is very much a "your time versus your money" issue.
          Paying an individual or company a small amount to undertake your digital marketing usually results in either a low quantity of high quality work (when you might need high quantity) or a high quantity of low quality work, which won't deliver results anyway.

It sounds like you generate sales for a couple of days when you email directly yourself? What happens when you email every 3-4 days? Have you tried? Some studies have shown that the fear of "annoying" your customers holds back merchants from maximising sales via email.
          There are loads of studies on this, with varying results, however they generally agree on 1,2 or even 3 email sends per week.
          https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=optimal+send+frequency+for+emails

So, perhaps sending more emails yourself will generate more sales.
          You have to look at a consistent marketing message, delivered in different ways through different channels, based on your market. Online paid advertising (Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc), Social media marketing, Search engine optimisation, Email marketing, affiliate marketing etc

If you'd like some more specific advice on your own business then send me a direct message here with your website and we can take a quick look.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Seo

hi
            thank you here is my Web Address www.jgdcrafts.com

Comment

You blog could be more in depth - the Yoast SEO plug in is good for helping you optomise wordpress. Your pages all seem a little short.

Youtube videos - not all of them have link back.

The discounts for landing on the 404 page is nice but as i know it's there i'll always start there to get my discount. if you use 301 redirects for any page that you take out you solve most of the need for a 404 page.

Giveaways on other blogs?

Other than that it looks like you are heading the right way.

Comment

Seo

I am sorry but most of your suggestions i dont know how to do I am not very Tech minded I do thank you for your help

Comment

I think generally, you need to write more. It maybe worthwhile talking to a copywriter about that if you don't want to do it yourself.

for example, http://www.jgdcrafts.com/acatalog/Su...l-SG37932.html although it has some text, the description is also found on many other sites. There isn't really a reason your page would be served up in a search above any other. So because the rest of the text is the same as most of the other pages on your site, the description is short and also found on many other sites it's always going to be a struggle. Unique images might also help.

You meta description is also long and pushes the free delivery rather than the product

if you put site:http://www.jgdcrafts.com/acatalog/Su...l-SG37932.html into google you'll see what the search results show. The pen's strongest selling point, that it's recommended for carpal tunnel problems, is cut off because you are selling free shipping.

Seorch.eu is a handy tool to use, the results for the page are here : http://seorch.eu/seo-check/www-jgdcr...-02-18-65.html anything that doesn't have a tick against it is something you could address. Although this is SEO work it mainly relates to the content and you probably know more about your products than an SEO geek. You might need to talk to the site designer about things like the title H1 tag (Heading1 text should really be the summary of the most important fact on the page - product name - but it's missing)

Comment

Seo

Thank you I Still think that it is a SEO person that can help me as some of the things i cant do and dont have time either

Comment

I use Teclan.co.uk for my SEO, Newsletters and PPC and find them very effective, Like anyone they need time to understand your particular market and products so its not a one month job , but also not that long to see results
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

i'd recommend Screamingfrog www.screamingfrog.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X