Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with UK2 hosting Sellerdeck - Swatter script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with UK2 hosting Sellerdeck - Swatter script?

Is anyone else having problems with this?

Something has changed in the last couple of days. When I try to download orders it connects fine but then times out after a short time and downloads the first order only. The website is then inaccessible for a minute or two. Emails are not being sent when orders are placed and it is not connecting payments with orders.

Clicking test on Sellerdeck's network setup shows no errors apart from not receiving an email.

UK2 say it may be connected with a new security script they are using called Swatter which triggers a block on my IP address. UK2 are normally good at sorting problems but this has been going on for over 48 hours now.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

Still no progress with UK2.

I can still log in to the server - is there are way of extracting orders from files on the server that are not downloading properly?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the order files are securely encrypted to keep the contents hidden from prying eyes.

If you have another host you can use, then you can always upload sellerdeck to them and then copy the order files over and download the orders from there.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I've sent my IP address to UK2 and I'm hoping they will adjust their firewall to let me in. I'll report back here in case it could help anyone else.

Comment

Having exactly the same problems with our site. When trying to download orders it kept coming up with an error message saying "The connection with the server was reset"
          I spoke to UK2 the other day about this. The adviser said that he knew of quite a few customers who were suddenly having issues with Sellerdeck so I'm surprised that more users haven't posted on here.
          At the moment the problem is "ongoing" and then went on to say that only if more Sellerdeck users call in to complain then they will sort the problem out as a matter of urgency!
          I'd have hoped that UK2 would have been more helpful than that.

At the moment we can't download any orders but we use WorldPay to handle our payments so my day now consists of constantly checking WorldPay to see if any orders come through and then ringing the customer to ask them what they ordered!

I have raised a ticket with UK2 which has now been passed on to their "2nd line support team". Fingers crossed that they come up with a solution soon. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Can you use an email address to copy the orders to - we do that as a backup to seeing the actual orders - I could be wrong and the host is causing email issues to but maybe helpful.

Business settings / ordering / send receipt emails to -

essentially it is a copy of the receipt email the customer gets - all the order details...

I feel for you - drives me mad when running a business is hard enough without paid for services adding to the woes....
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Problem Solved!

I have two sites. UK2 solved the problem for one site by adding an exception for the IP address, but this didn't work with the second site.

This is now working after they added an additional exception. Here's the message sent by UK2

Thanks for that. I just found another blank posting using /cgi-bin/nq00003.pl which was causing this. I have added that file to the exceptions. Can you see if that fixed the issue?

The good news is the orders have continued to come in and once the site was downloading again they came through and picked up their payments.

For anyone else with the problem it may be worth referring UK2 to ticket no. 1055113 and the .pl file above.

UK2 has been good in the past responding but I've found them very slow replying this time often 24 hours plus. Using live chat was successful in getting messages through more quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                Can you use an email address to copy the orders to - we do that as a backup to seeing the actual orders - I could be wrong and the host is causing email issues to but maybe helpful.

Business settings / ordering / send receipt emails to -

essentially it is a copy of the receipt email the customer gets - all the order details...

I feel for you - drives me mad when running a business is hard enough without paid for services adding to the woes....
                Thanks. 90% of the time we do get emails coming through so during the last week I've just been using a copy of the email as our order acknowledgement. Unfortunately, through all the time that I have used Sellerdeck/Actinic I have found that I don't always get a copy email sent to me. Hence an irate call from a customer yesterday resulting in us having to refund postage etc!

Not an ideal situation.

Comment

*Update*

Our issue has now been resolved by Uk2. I gave them our I.P. address yesterday and they have just come back to me saying that they have added our path/CGI to their "Whitelist".

I've just checked and I'm now able to upload and download perfectly again.

My only remaining concern is that how many other Sellerdeck/Uk2 aren't aware of this issue as it seems like Uk2 are only resolving the issue on a case by case basis.

Comment

Originally posted by fgr_dave View Post
                    *Update*

Our issue has now been resolved by Uk2. I gave them our I.P. address yesterday and they have just come back to me saying that they have added our path/CGI to their "Whitelist".

I've just checked and I'm now able to upload and download perfectly again.

My only remaining concern is that how many other Sellerdeck/Uk2 aren't aware of this issue as it seems like Uk2 are only resolving the issue on a case by case basis.
                    Glad your site has been sorted out as well.

I would think that other Sellerdeck sites on UK2 will have noticed a problem. I would hope that if they mention Sellerdeck the problem would get picked up.

Did you find the UK2 response very slow? In the past I've found them to be excellent in sorting problems but this time there were long 24 hour gaps between replies to my ticket. Maybe it affects other shopping carts, not just Sellerdeck, so they are over run with tickets.

Comment

Up to now I've hardly had any serious issues with UK2 and always found their service to be very good.
                      I did feel a little let down by the amount of time that it took to get a proper response from them but at least the matter is now resolved.

Comment

Working...
                      X