Test messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test messages

Any ideas why SD should continually send test messages saying the email address and SMTP address are correct when no-one is actually doing any testing? We're getting half a dozen or more of these a day, sent at all kinds of hours.

Some other instance of SellerDeck is probably using your email address in the Settings / Business Settings. You can stick any address in there.

Have you a site under construction with a developer?

P.S. you can change the test message subject via Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1, ID 1916 (and subsequent for other bits of the message). If you change it, that will help determine if it's coming from your machine or not.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

And you can look at the headers in the received emails to see the path they took to get to you.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Norman, I'll do some testing as you suggest.
        There is no developer activity happening. The email address is the person who has to receive the order notifications.

Can you explain "some other instance of Sellerdeck"? I have four sites operating with the same email address, but until now this has not caused this problem. I did notice though, that at some point the emails changed from being sent from "Actinic Catalog" to "Sellerdeck Catalog". Might this indicate that some old site files are lying about somewhere and have decided to activate themselves in some way?

Comment

The Network Test puts test script on your server. Perhaps that's being inadvertantly executed. Changing the test message subject and running the network test on each machine may help pin it down.

Comment

Working...
          X