Uploading problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading problem

The site is downloading orders fine but I can't upload changes to the site. The upload starts OK but then stops at 'checking word index' and progresses no further.

Can anyone suggest how to deal with this please.

I'm using Sellerdeck v14.0.2 and Windows 10.

Have you tried compacting the database?

Comment

Had that error a few times, compacting database, and refresh website has worked in the past
      https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thanks Duncan and Ed. I've just tried that but unfortunately it has not worked and it still stops at the same point.

I read some similar threads after posting yesterday and some suggested turning off FTP upload data compression in network setup. Files did then upload but incredibly slowly and it was only a third of the way through after leaving the computer running overnight.

Do you think it could be an issue with my web hosting rather than Sellerdeck causing this problem?

Comment

Still having problems with different and confusing error messages.

This is what I get when I test the connection in network setup with FTP upload compression turned on

SellerDeck received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. The error could be caused by several things. Check:
          - the 'Path to the Perl shell'
          - the 'CGI script extension'
          - the 'Path to CGI-BIN'
          - the 'CGI-BIN URL.
          - the amount of web space left on your server
          - if your server is configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts
          - the permissions on the server:
          On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be:
          cgi-bin (755)– drwxr-xr-x
          Online Store Folder (777)– drwxrwxrwx
          On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company):
          IIS
          cgi-bin = read/execute
          Online Store Folder = read/write/execute
          NTFS
          cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory
          Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

Can anyone help me with what this means please? I've not changed any settings apart from trying with FTP compression turned on and off.

Edit: I'm now getting this error with compression both on and off. I've also added a missing part of the error message.

Comment

Working...
          X