Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing Down`

Hi,

After many years i am shutting down our business due to a few factors - I need help please in how to get our site off Google etc.

Cheers

Sorry to hear the bad news, Wish you the best for the future
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

You may have had a private reply, but if not, this is what I'd do: (caveat: I'm no expert so someone else might be along with better advice)

1. Suspend orders on your site- business settings | ordering | online ordering- untick "allowed" and tick "suspended". Upload the site. Wait 2 hours for any last orders to come in.
      2. Log into your webserver using an FTP program and delete all files under Acatalog and CGI-Bin. This will delete the website online.
      3. Make sure your domain name isn't set to autorenew with your provider, so when it's time to renew it you don't automatically sign up for another year or more. If you have a good domain name, it may be worth putting up a page with a note saying it's for sale, you never know.
      4. Cancel any payment service providers you're using.

Your site should disappear from the search engines automatically once the pages are deleted, but it may take time, However if you've deleted the pages as above, nobody will be able to order anyway, so there's no risk of problems.

I hope this helps and good luck with the future.
      Ben
      Ben
      http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X