Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore design to default for upgraded shop

Hi All,
    We have a client that has had a Actinic/Sellerdeck site for over 13 years. And it has been updated and updated and updated over time to the newer versions etc etc.

They are now on 2014, and would like to take it back to the default Smart responsive theme.

So, in a test version, I go to Design Library and click on "Revert all Layouts to Factory Settings"

It reported about 50 or so reverted, but 486 layouts were system layouts that don't exist in the current version and have not been reverted ....

Is there a way to simply take all back to default?

Maybe an export of product/order/brochure page data into a virgin installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Grant

WE used Andy at Codepath who extracted all the basic product data at a small price in a day, highly recommend him
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

The export Site products/order/customers as a csv etc appeals greatly - and then import into a virgin site.

But, when I conduct this - the Brochure pages arrive, but no products or categories

I suspect due to images not being in the Site1 folder - the error file suggests this, and it also says that because it could not find the image for a Section - it ignore all the subsection and all the products within that section.....

Can we get an import done that just brings in the image reference, regardless of whether I have the image on my PC or not ?

Comment

Thanks for the advice Chris - It may come to that....

But there are only 80 or so products - just need them inserting into a default site. Could do without the orders ....

Depends on the clients pockets really.....

Comment

As Chris said Andy has the solution for this type of import, I had a V9 site that made it with upgrades to 2014, tried the upgrade to 2016 and what a mess.

I got Andy to import just the text / images I needed to a fresh 2016, highly recommended.
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

I've attempted the same. Once you get the images fixed it seems to work - everything moves over but it is a bit of a mess. I think you can also use the shopping file export to create a CSV and then reimport that. i think that will only work on basic products as the file doesn't work well with product variation.

Comment

I found the best way was to installer sellerdeck on another machine - trial mode is fine. Then export a snapshot of the default site and import it as a design snapshot over the existing site one a new machine.

Comment

Many thanks all - kinda getting somewhere at the moment with exporting the csv and importing into a new site1 Etc..

Tying to figure out how to lose the right hand column on the smart responsive now

Comment

Working...
                X