Re ordeing sections in the contect tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re ordeing sections in the contect tree

It is sometimes necessary to reorder the sections oin the content tree to alter how they display in section pages and in the mega menu. I look after a large site and needed to move a dozen sections to be able to move the newly created section down. You have to create a new section at the top of the content tree (catalogue). If you try and create a section where you want it you get a subsection!

So selecting my dozen sections I moved them to the online catalogue top and the moving sections disappeared with the message: 'Invalid argument encountered'.

I don't suppose anyone knows how to get them back?

Why do we have to have such a clumsy system for rearranging sections, what cannot we add a section where we want in the content tree?
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

How are you creating your section?

If I Right Click on a section and select 'New Section' I get a new section at that point.

Also Holding down 'Shift' while moving a section means it will stay at the level you put it rather than becoming a sub-section. You shouldn't have to move multiple sections to do this.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, we seem to have lost the 'Thanks' in this new shiny forum by the way. I didn't know the shift trick, client says thank you too! I have a feeling it was many versions ago that I had trouble with new sections and the moving thing has stuck.
      By the way, client has a rolling backup of her server so we recovered this morning's Site1 folder and with SD closed pasted it into the Sites folder and all is well in the world again!
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
        Thanks Mike, we seem to have lost the 'Thanks' in this new shiny forum by the way.
        There's a "Like" button now at the bottom right of each post. More on the Thanks in the post linked from the notice at the top of the forum
        Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Working...
        X