Support using SD 16.0.5 which is not publcly available in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support using SD 16.0.5 which is not publcly available in the UK

I had some issues with a v16.0.3 site and asked support and they said they uploaded it oin 16.0.5 and it was fine.

16.0.3 is the current published version, 16.0.5 is not available to the public in the UK.

Is it really OK for support to use an unavailable version to test sites when we cannot tell our clients where to download this software?

Either support should use 16.0.3 or 16.0.5 should be made available to the public.

I did search this forum for 16.0.5 first but nothing came up. I don't know if this is a deficiency of the search or because no one has mentioned it!
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Hi Jonathan.

Version 16.0.3 is the current production release. There is a limited v16.0.5 build with fixes for a handful of quite particular bugs. But we haven't put it on general release, because it hasn't had the same thorough end-to-end testing as a full production build.

I've raised your query with our support manager, because it is a bit unusual for support to mention it and then withhold it. There could be a particular reason why it wouldn't be suitable in this case. I will try to make sure you at least get the full story.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Support should use the same versions as we and the public do, not test sites on some fancy development version and then say there is nothing wrong which there clearly is as Sellerdeck is faulty on the client's live site and my test site.
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your comment. As you mention, there is a v16.0.5 which is not a public release.

Any release into the public requires a full regression test which is a significant commitment of resource; therefore, we only make that commitment when there is a justification.

V16.0.5 has a select few fixes which a small number of users would benefit from. Therefore we felt it was not a good use of our development resource to commit to a full regression test on v16.0.5. Instead, we waited until the next major release and included the fixes from v16.0.5, which is an efficient use our of development resource. Therefore v18 includes the fixes in v16.0.5.

Support will recommend v16.0.5 in specific circumstances if it is appropriate. Looking over the ticket I can see that is the case in this situation.

In regards to using that version for other clients, I would recommend that you treat each one on a case by case scenario.

Thanks

Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Working...
        X