Problem Uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Uploading

Over the last couple of weeks I've been having increasing problems uploading our main website (https://www.gameslore.com).

This is the message I'm getting:

An error occurred while writing to "acatalog" on the web site. The problem is probably due to permissions problems, but could be due to low disk space. SellerDeck can not work with these settings. Press Cancel if you would like to manually examine the permissions and disk space on the web site. Press Retry if you would like SellerDeck to attempt to change the permissions on the directory for you.

I've found the ftp server log and can see these entries, each has a PID of 0 in the 1st attempt to write:

Thu Aug 16 21:33:08 2018 0 83.67.177.81 0 /home/accountname/public_html/acatalog/PR_Degenesis_RPG_The_Killing_Game.html b _ i r accountname ftp 1 * c
    Thu Aug 16 21:33:09 2018 1 83.67.177.81 68769 /home/accountname/public_html/acatalog/PR_Degenesis_RPG_The_Killing_Game.html b _ i r accountname ftp 1 * c

Thu Aug 16 21:33:14 2018 0 83.67.177.81 0 /home/accountname/public_html/acatalog/PR_Eclipse_Phase_RPG_Firewall.html b _ i r accountname ftp 1 * c
    Thu Aug 16 21:33:54 2018 1 83.67.177.81 64985 /home/accountname/public_html/acatalog/PR_Eclipse_Phase_RPG_Firewall.html b _ i r accountname ftp 1 * c

In the 1st instance sellerdeck / the server coped and carried on - in the 2nd instance sellerdeck required me to press continue.

Any ideas what else I need to be checking so that I can get my uploads back to normal?

Thanks, Paul.

This problem typically arises when something on the server stops playing nice with sellerdeck.

Things I would do are:

1. Check the folder permissions on the server
    2. Run the Web site Analysis in 'Troubleshooting'
    3. Get on to the web host. I've noticed an increase in server problem recently from hosts running 'security / management' scripts where some of the protection rules are incorrectly interfering with Sellerdeck. Also ask if they've started doing anything new in recent weeks that might be causing this (they should have a log of changes).
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

1 and 2 seem fine, I'm leaning towards the server security being the cause though I am seeing this on Sellerdeck 2016 and not on the Actinic v9 sites we are still running and unsure what might explain that. Around 150 timeouts on the upload last night (it was a long night!).

Comment

Originally posted by GamesLore View Post
        1 and 2 seem fine, I'm leaning towards the server security being the cause though I am seeing this on Sellerdeck 2016 and not on the Actinic v9 sites we are still running and unsure what might explain that. Around 150 timeouts on the upload last night (it was a long night!).
        Server security may not necessarily be the cause.
        We have experienced exactly the same problem since upgrading from SD14 to a SD16.0.3 Smart Responsive design in September last year. The V14 site uploaded without any problem and our server host was adamant that no changes to security had been implemented that would impact upload performance.
        It was an absolute pain to get the SD16 production site upload completed in the first instance - long night with multiple timeouts.
        Once uploaded subsequent uploads after particular product changes, deletions and additions were generally satisfactory.
        The problem occurs when changes are made that affect all pages within the catalog for example changes to page code layouts, best sellers lists etc..
        It is OK (manageable) as long as we keep this type of change under control and group together when possible.
        Additionally we found that compacting the database before uploading can help and that early morning was the best time generally to complete a full upload or site refresh.
        We do have up to 3500 products indexed and listed so this also may be a factor.
        Also we have recently had to replace our back office PC and are now running MS Windows 10 in place of old PC OEM Windows 8 with MS Windows 10 applied upgrade and the uploads seem to run more smoothly on the new PC.

Martin
        Mantra Audio
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

I found 1 minor issue on the server, the main culprit turned out to be Windows Firewall which had created a duplicate entry for v16 which wasn't there for either v9 or v18.

Comment

We are having a problem uploading our site ver 16 onto Heart Internet, which has worked perfectly until last week and since then we can not upload any files. Have contacted Heart Internet and they say they have changed nothing. Which I do not really believe. It seems to log on but then can not retrieve list dir, then hangs and bails out. Any thoughts as why this happening would be great

Comment

Working...
            X