2 questins please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questins please

Can I change the heading on invoice to say Estimate.
    And If you have a customer that owes a balance but hasn't paid, how do you write it off, in other words show the tax man you've invoiced for it but have not been paid the full balance, In payments you can authorise and write off, but it doesn't change balance to zero or put in to completed section?
    Gary

Can I change the heading on invoice to say Estimate.
    Yes; Change the Invoice Report Heading in Design Text to 'Estimate'

And If you have a customer that owes a balance but hasn't paid, how do you write it off, in other words show the tax man you've invoiced for it but have not been paid the full balance, In payments you can authorise and write off, but it doesn't change balance to zero or put in to completed section?
    To make the balance zero with no payment then you'll need to adjust for the product and delivery costs. If you haven't shipped the products then you could just cancel them. If you have, then it might be easier to add a negative adjustment on the product side to balance off the cost. This way your stock levels will still be correct.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you, thats helpful
      So the tabs in payments that say write off and authorised do not solve this.

Is there a way I can keep invoice and duplicate that section but with the heading changed to Estimate I dont have to do an estimate then change back for an invoice if accepted
      Gary

Comment

So the tabs in payments that say write off and authorised do not solve this.
        I didn't even realise these were there so can't comment as I always do my accounting outside of Sellerdeck. They are in the Payment section so they look to me as if they're just an accounting note regarding the payment entry and doubt if they're doing anything on the product/stock side.

Is there a way I can keep invoice and duplicate that section but with the heading changed to Estimate I dont have to do an estimate then change back for an invoice if accepted
        The best way would probably be to name an unused payment status as 'Estimate'. You could then get someone to modify the Invoice report so that if the payment status = 'Estimate' the report header = 'Estimate' rather than the default of 'Invoice'.

I haven't tested this but it should work.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X