Sites Folder in Wrong Location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sites Folder in Wrong Location.

Originally I installed SellerDeck 2016 on my PC with the Data Folder being on a Server Share, however we found that the slight latency kept causing the the Second User instance to crash with MS ODBC errors, so I moved the Data Folder using File/ Sites/ Sites Directory on the Master First and then on the User Install, to my PC which has an SSD Drive. All appears to work fine and the crashing has ceased, but I have realised that the Sites Folder that contains the SiteHTML Folders is still being accessed from the server share, it did not get moved to my PC.

We found out when I removed some of the folders from the original location, SellerDeck came up with errors showing the path to p:/...../SiteHTML

Anyone know how to make SellerDeck relocate the Sites Folder to where the Data is?

John.
    John
    Sheltons of Peterborough Ltd
    www.sheltonsfishing.co.uk

Maybe try the method in the final post at the end of this thread

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...older-location
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      Maybe try the method in the final post at the end of this thread

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...older-location
      Hi Mike,
      The registry post came up in my search but that one didn't.

However, I have had a look and there is a Sites.ini in that folder for v2016 but it does not contain a
      "[Installation]
      SitesFolder=C:\Users\Public\Documents\SellerDeck 2014\Sites"

I have spoken to support and they had me set to Single Mode and then back to Multi Mode which has the option to set Site location - did not resolve it.

SellerDeck is being heavily used at the moment, so will revisit this tomorrow with Support unless there are any further suggestions.

One thought is to uninstall and reinstall the Master and if necessary afterwards, do a restore.
      John

Comment

Hi John,

You might be looking in the wrong place. Look in the config.ini file in C:/ProgramData/Sellerdeck/Sellereck 2016 (note 'ProgramData' in the path not 'User')

My one has

SitesFolder=C:\Users\Mike\Documents\SellerDeck 2016\Sites

The V18 config.ini has the same thing as well in case anyone is looking for it.

Comment

Hi John,

You might be looking in the wrong place. Look in the config.ini file in C:/ProgramData/Sellerdeck/Sellereck 2016 (note 'ProgramData' in the path not 'User')

My one has

The V18 config.ini has the same thing as well in case anyone is looking for it.
          Hi Mike,
          Thanks, have had a look and the SitesFolder is set correct on both the Master and User. Had the user do an upload and the SiteHMTL & PreviewHTML_User have been updated in the Sites Folder on the Server - Something very screwy going on.
          John

Comment

That does sound screwy. Have you tried doing a compact and repair of the database? That sometimes works when the database starts doing something odd and there might be somewhere in the database that stores the SiteHTML location that isn't being updated.

Comment

That does sound screwy. Have you tried doing a compact and repair of the database? That sometimes works when the database starts doing something odd and there might be somewhere in the database that stores the SiteHTML location that isn't being updated.
              We have set that to do every time it exits.

SellerDeck didn't ring back today so will chase Monday.

Thanks.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Sheltons View Post

We have set that to do every time it exits.

SellerDeck didn't ring back today so will chase Monday.

Thanks.
                OK, after a couple of remote sessions from Support I have had the email below:
                I checked the issue with our developer . He has said as follows

The open files list shows generated site files and not the site folder files.The Sites folder is where the sites.ini and the site folders are stored but there is also a 'Local Data' folder where the generated files are written to and uploaded from. Moving the Sites folder does not change the location of the 'Local Data' folder. This is determined by the installer and stored in the registry.

If you need to move it , the developer can provide instructions.
                Not to take the Sites folder where SitesHTML & SitesPreview is located when you change the Site Location seems really flaky to me.

I did a search in my registry (Master) earlier in this post for the old path and found nothing, so I will try searching mine again and I will also do a search in the secondary PC's (User) Registry - which I did not do earlier.
                Will also post the Instructions I receive from SellerDeck Support.

John.
                John

Comment

OK, looks like it is fixed - Instruction from Support:
                  1. Please backup all your sites by exporting a snapshot
                  2. Close the software
                  3. Close Sellerdeck software
                  4. Copy all of the files and folders in Original Location to New Location
                  5. Go to registry and back it up.
                  6. Edit the registry
                  7. Look for the following key
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sellerdeck\v18\Original\LocalDataRoot

You should see 3 entries
                  (Default)
                  ProgramData
                  UninstallHive

8. Change the value for '(Default)' to New Location (if you click on the key, the value should be displayed on the right hand pane.)
                  Close the registry editor
                  9.Rename the folder Old Location to Old Location-Old
                  10.Start Sellerdeck Desktop
                  11.Switch between the sites and make sure everything is fine Once Sellerdeck Desktop opens okay ,remove the folder Old Location-Old

IMPORTANT NOTES:
                  Firstly, support got their wires crossed with the Registry Path as I am using v16 so change accordingly to 2013/2014/2016/v18.
                  Second, I only did the change of registry (7) as we have numerous backups already of Old and New locations. If I move the data location in the future then I would use more of their instructions.
                  Third, on my PC (Master) I found the Key was set to C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck\SellerDeck 2016\ so the caching looks like it is done locally by default not in the Data Path. Based on this I change the second PC (User) to C:\ProgramData\SellerDeck\SellerDeck 2016\ (Same as Master) and not the New Location.

So it seems like only the User PC was creating SiteHTML files in the wrong location, my PC (Master) was set correctly.

John.
                  John

Comment

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted. It took me a while to really understand the instructions you were given but after a while it now makes sense.

Mike

Comment

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted. It took me a while to really understand the instructions you were given but after a while it now makes sense.

Mike
                      Hi Mike,
                      might not of helped that I replaced actual paths with labels; Original and New.

Quite comical when they added a programmer to the session and they immediately went and tried to open v2018, even though all Tickets said v16.
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X