Black Friday & Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday & Discounts

Is there a way that I could post a banner to appear on all section lists and product pages on Black Friday to advertise discounts available on that day?

I understand from a previous post on this topic that a general discount can be applied at cart level.

The intention would be to upload this just for the one day and then revert back to previous by removing the discount applied and any code associated with the banner display.

Martin
    Mantra Audio
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

You should find there's a 'Marketing Message' selector in the outer layout exactly for this kind of thing. I think it's designed for text but you could either alter it or insert your own image in the same location.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike is correct. But also, if you just want to show some text, you don't need to edit the layout. 'Go to Settings > Business Settings > Terms and Conditions'. Tick 'Display' under 'Marketing Message', click the 'Edit' button and change the text to whatever you want.

However, if it's not been used before and you have a page design that wasn't created with the message in mind, there is a possibility that it won't look very nice.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        You should find there's a 'Marketing Message' selector in the outer layout exactly for this kind of thing. I think it's designed for text but you could either alter it or insert your own image in the same location.
        I see this is under Business Settings | Terms and Conditions and also that you can insert your own HTML in the text that can be configured to display a banner, however, this is only configured to display on the catalog categories main page.

This is a good start but is there a way that I could get this to display on all pages (section lists/products) in a similar position?

I have not been able to find the "MarketingMessage" or "SplashText" variables to see if the placement can be expanded within the respective variable.

The Section Page Body Layout code incorporates the "MarketingMessage" variable but this does not display.
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

What is the reasoning for having the Marketing Message under the Terms and Conditions Settings where it is not immediately apparent rather than under the Marketing tab settings?
          Martin
          Mantra Audio

Comment

I think it's historical. I suspect the Marketing Message has been around for longer than the Marketing Tab and it never got moved.

Comment

I see this is under Business Settings | Terms and Conditions and also that you can insert your own HTML in the text that can be configured to display a banner, however, this is only configured to display on the catalog categories main page.
              That's odd but I can confirm that this only appears on a few pages, even in V18. I pretty much only see it on a few pages such as the terms and conditions and site map. It used to be far more prevalent so it looks to me as if the responsive layout might have changed something.

Comment

OK, here it is.

1. You're right. The Marketing Message selector is in the Inner Layout now.

2. The top level blockif that controls the Marketing Message has 'If "SectionLevel == 0"' in it to make it only display at the top level. You could change this to be something else such as < 20 to get it to display everywhere.

Comment

We just made up a few variables that link to a filter page, see here

And have a Black Friday on/off variable so that the staff can just turn it all off at the end of the promotion.
                  Mens wedding rings made from Titanium, Tungsten, Cobalt, Zirconia Ceramic, Silver & Palladium. Over 200 wedding bands in stock in sizes I to Z+10
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

What is the reasoning for having the Marketing Message under the Terms and Conditions Settings
                    think it's historical. I suspect the Marketing Message has been around for longer than the Marketing Tab and it never got moved.
                    What he said.
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

It may be historical, but it appears to be in the wrong place in any event.

It does not seem right to have a Marketing Message under Terms and Conditions.

Catalogue site map page is OK and this can be extended to other Sections by incorporating the change suggested under Point 2 of Mike's response - tried this and it works, thanks Mike.

I have commented out the Marketing Message from the Terms and Conditions Layout and changed the SectionLevel to <20 on the Section Page Body Layout to appear on all sections.

For the Marketing Message I added the table layout style below to the Current Stylesheet.

Code:
                      .bannertitle {
                          border-color: #FF0000;
                          border-width: 0;
                          table-layout: auto;
                          border-collapse: collapse;
                          border-spacing: inherit;
                          empty-cells: hide;
                          caption-side: inherit;
                          text-align: center;
                          background-color: #FF0000;
                          font-family: Arial;
                          font-size: 1.5em;
                          color: #000000;
                          font-weight: normal;
                      }
                      .bannerdetail {
                          font-size: 0.6em;
                      }
                      And for Terms and Conditions | Marketing Message
                      Code:
                      !!<<table align="center" class="bannertitle">
                        <tr>
                          <td class="bannertitle">
                          Enter text for banner title here<br>
                          <span class="bannerdetail">Enter text for banner detail here</span><br></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>>!!
                      The background color and font properties can be changed in the Current Stylesheet as required and the Marketing Message can be left unticked not to display under Business Settings | Terms and Conditions.

I have also inserted the Marketing Message variable on the Product Page Body RWD layout to display on all product pages to comment out when not required.

These are only short term changes to get a banner to display over all sections and products for Black Friday Weekend Sale promotion but could form the basis for further development for selective marketing promotions in future.

Martin
                      Mantra Audio
                      Last edited by Mantra; 23-Nov-2018, 01:16 PM. Reason: Status updated
                      Martin
                      Mantra Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                        We just made up a few variables that link to a filter page,
                        And have a Black Friday on/off variable so that the staff can just turn it all off at the end of the promotion.
                        Thank you Jason
                        At the moment I am just considering launch a short term marketing message for all products and the solution you have will be useful for marketing promotions on selective groups of products and an add-on to be developed later.
                        It appears that you are using a fragment to display your Black Friday promotion on selected products at product page level.
                        You may just need to check that the link back from this is directed to the page intended.
                        The question is can a fragment like this be configured to display for the Online Catalogue, Sections and Product Pages?
                        If so, this option may be a better solution to the other option I am considering using the legacy Marketing Message facility incorporated within SD.
                        Martin
                        Martin
                        Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                        X