Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promo List Failing to load - crashing Page

Hi,

I am using Sellerdeck Promo lists on the home page. It has been working fine up to today. It is now failing to load and crashing in Chrome on our PC (see screenshot below). I have checked on IE and ran tests using Cross Browser testing and cant recreate the fault. Refreshing the page does not fix the problem. I guess it will be some local corruptions in Chrome. I am worried that if our customers get the same issue they will not be able to fix it and will stop using the site.

I moved the fragment to a new page and republished. The problem PCs were able to load both the home page and the page where the promo list was moved to. I then put the fragment back in the home page and the error came back.

Has anyone seen this before? I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to force the page to reload the code. I did set the .htaccess to 1 minute for JavaScript but that didn't help.

Many thanks

Tony
    Attached Files
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

You are loading jQuery twice, one immediately after the other. Not sure if this is contributing to your problem but worth fixing.
    On your page source, I see:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/jquery-1.11.1.min.js?DAYNO=RBUC">"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/jquery-1.11.1.min.js?DAYNO=RBUC"></script>
    And note that the first occurrence has some spurious characters (marked in red).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thank you. Good catch. I removed it but sill have the problem. I noticed on the PCs that are having the problem that the browser says (Bottom LHS) waiting for cache... then after about 30 seconds it come up with a pop up saying page unresponsive. Then the aw snap cant display the page message.

Many Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Is this an issue that's present now on your live site? I'm not seeing any problem here when using Chrome.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It appears to be on client side. I have it on 2 PCs using chrome. It is not on IE or Firefox on the same PC. I cleared the cache or files and images in Chrome and it does not fix it. I am at a loss to know why and how to fix. My main concern is if others have the same issue. It may not be relevant but I am also finding that Safari browser on Windows 10 cant seem to open the site as well.
          Tony

Comment

Working...
          X