Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Shipping choice for a particular set of products - Is there a solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Shipping choice for a particular set of products - Is there a solution?

Hi
    I have attempted this many times over the years, and read pages and pages of posts all asking a similar question. I have weight based shipping, and use GFS to produce shipping labels. Works fine.

Currently we have Collect In Store (free), Royal Mail Tracked (some money), DPD Courier (a bit more money). It works fine.

HOWEVER, for a small set of products that we stock, I would like to add "Saturday Delivery" as a choice. I do not want this option to appear for everything, just a few products that I choose.

I cannot see there is a way of doing this. Please note I do not want to get involved in fictitious weights like 999 as the weight has to be accurate as it is used by Royal Mail and DPD to make our bill.

Surely now we are in 2019 there must be a way of doing this - people have been asking since 2002 !!!

There must be some way of making a variable that is set on a product, that then is checked at the delivery stage to allow "saturday delivery" to show only if it is ticked.

I am calling out to Sellerdeck guru's - please could you assist with this age old problem ?

I have everything crossed! Cheers
    Jez

Yes. This can be done.

1. Norman has already posted some code here: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...iables?t=28914 that will cleverly add the contents of a custom variable to the product name in the checkout.

This could be something like "(SOA)" for Saturday Option Available.

2. We've already posted some Javascript code that will remove a shipping option from the drop down list based on testing a condition here: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ipping-options

All you have to do is combine the two so that if "(SOA)" is in the product name then show the Saturday Delivery Option.

Note that as it stands this would always show the Saturday Option even if only one of several products allowed it. To get around this you could check the number of products versus the number of times "(SOA") appears on the page.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike - many thanks for the reply. I was unaware of both of those previous posts and really feel we are getting somewhere now with this.
      Just one point that occurred to me, is that in the examples shown they are concentrating on REMOVING shipping options, where as I want to ensure it is only SHOWN if it is allowed a Saturday. I would still want its usual shipping options to show as well, but to also show the Saturday one if I deemed it is allowed to go that way. If that makes sense.
      So:
      Product ABC (normal) - Royal Mail, DPD, Collect in store
      Product XYZ (has variable ticked to allow saturday) - Royal Mail, DPD, Collect in store, Saturday Delivery

Comment

Yes. The code has to remove a valid option from the drop down list otherwise sellerdeck wouldn't know what to do with it.

All you have to do is remove the Saturday option when your (SOA) test isn't valid. All the other options will still appear.

Comment

Ok thanks - unfortunately I do not know how to achieve this simple exercise. The code that looks most likely from the three choices is modified below. but requires a) A IF condition to check the product name for the SOA bit, and b) it is currently programmed to delete everything - it needs to only delete the "saturday delivery" option.

<script type="text/javascript">

If [something like product name] does NOT have Saturday in the title

$(document).ready(function(){
          var shippingOpts = $( "select[name='ShippingClass'] option" ); // all shipping options
          if ( shippingOpts.filter( ":contains('Saturday')" ).length ) // do we have a "Saturday" entry
          {
          shippingOpts.not( ":contains('Saturday')" ).remove(); // ***THIS LINE needs reversing so it ONLY deletes the Saturday - I know not how
          }
          });
          </script>

Any ideas ?

Comment

Try this:
            Edit layout Cart Product Details With Thumbnails RWD and amend line:
            Code:
            <span class="cartText"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductNameOnline"/></span>
            To be:
            Code:
            <span class="cartText cartproductname"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductNameOnline"/></span>
            Add to bottom of layout Standard JavaScript Header Functions
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Checkout%20Page%201%27" >
                <script type="text/javascript">
                $(document).ready(function(){
                    if ( $( "span.cartproductname:contains('Saturday')" ).length == 0 )
                        {
                        $( "select[name='ShippingClass'] option:contains('Saturday')" ).remove();
                        }
                });
                </script>
            </actinic:block>
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman - many thanks for the reply.
              I put in the "wowza" stuff from this link: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...iables?t=28914
              Except my variable is called "Weekend".
              I have set this variable to be WKD (short for weekend) when weekend delivery is available. Example product: SLGT2
              I then put in you code from #6 on this page, changing the first reference to Saturday on the IF line to WKD.
              But I am not seeing anything happen other than Saturday delivery is not showing in the list of choices.
              Obviously I am missing something somewhere as I do not see WKD tagged to the end of the product name.
              Live on https://www.mowermagic.co.uk
              Could you take a look if you get a sec ?
              Cheers
              Jez

Comment

I cannot debug Perl related tweaks remotely so you're on your own there. All I can see is that the WKD is not within:
                Code:
                <span class="gts-i-name productname">Sherpa Large Utility Garden Trolley Cart with Puncture Proof Tyres and Liner  SLGT</span>
                Try renaming a product to include "WKD" in its short description. That gets the trigger word into the Cart so the Saturday delivery option should appear in the drop-down if such a product is in the Cart. If no WKD name is in any product name, the drop-down should omit the Saturday option.

Comment

Hi further to my previous, the WKD chars now seem to be appearing in the cart area, but the Saturday shipping is still being removed. I got the WKD to appear by not using "Use Parent" in the variable - I had previous set the variable to WKD at section level. I then went into each product in turn and forced it to WKD rather that using Use Parent.
                  But as I say, still not actually working.

Comment

A P.S. The "wowza" tweak was from 2007 so may be out of date.

Comment

Yes for some reason it is putting the letters outside of the span (see attached)
                      Attached Files

Comment

The 2007 thread was about getting something to appear in the Cart. Precisely positioning it wasn't required. And the Cart layout and information displayed has changed a lot since then.

There's nothing I can do to help without building a site, creating a similar CustomVar and adding it to some products. Then looking around in the 12,000 lines of ActinicOrder.pm for alternative places to tweak. Followed by uploading, going to the site, adding to Cart and repeatedly testing until a solution is found.

Way more than can be done on a free support forum.

Email me if you want paid for work done.

Or just add (Saturday delivery available) to the product name and use my post #6 as-is..

Comment

Hi there - many thanks for all the input - I have emailed you just now.
                          Regards

Comment

I've been away on holiday for the last week so haven't been able to help take this further. I suspect this is now in hand but do let me know if you get it working.

Comment

Working...
                            X