Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide delivery choice based on date & time

Afternoon lovely people.

Very quick question - Is it possible to hide/omit a delivery choice based on the day of week and time of day?

The question comes from a member of our sales team, after a customer placed an order for Saturday delivery, after 3PM on a Friday - meaning our team were unable to offer this service.

I'm aware that it's possible to filter out options using JS/jQuery, just wondering if it's possible to filter based on a date/time criteria.

Many thanks in advance

Matt - SMR Bathrooms
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

We explicitly say as the shipping option for Saturday delivery, "Saturday by 1pm order by 3pm Fri" with similar for next working day by 9am. We also have a link to the Shipping page at the checkout.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Sure. That shouldn't be too hard. You can use JavaScript to test if after 3.00pm on Friday OR Saturday then hide the Saturday delivery option (or maybe add "After 3pm Friday - Now Saturday <next Saturday date>" to the Saturday delivery option description.)
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

This will operate on Checkout Page 1 and remove any shipping options with "Saturday" in their description if it's after 3pm on a Friday.

Add to bottom of layout Standard JavaScript Header Functions
        Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Checkout%20Page%201%27" >
            <script type="text/javascript">
                $(document).ready(function(){
                    var now = new Date();
                    var nowDayofWeek = now.getDay();
                    var nowHour = now.getHours();
                    if ( (nowDayofWeek == 5) && (nowHour >= 15) )
                        {
                        $( "select[name='ShippingClass'] option:contains('Saturday')" ).remove();
                        }
                });
            </script>
        </actinic:block>
        N.b. Untested!
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sometimes I look at some of Norman's coding and find it just as striking as looking at a beautiful picture.

I can't decide if this makes me odd or just someone who recognises the elegance in his coding versus my own attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
            This will operate on Checkout Page 1 and remove any shipping options with "Saturday" in their description if it's after 3pm on a Friday
            That's marvellous NOrman. Thank you. Will test.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

OK so Norman's code works well, and I've tested it fully. What is the opposite word for "remove" in case at a later point in that day, say at 9pm, I wanted to reinstate a shipping option?
              $( "select[name='ShippingClass'] option:contains('Saturday')" ).remove();

Comment

In thar case I would just change the IF condition so that later in the day (for example) the remove option is no longer triggered.

Comment

Remove "Saturday" if between 3pm and 9pm:
                  Code:
                               if ( (nowDayofWeek == 5) && (nowHour >= 15) && (nowHour < 21) )
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks, Norman.

Comment

Norman, you're a superstar - yet to test it but I can see the logic and code behind this working wonderfully

Many thanks

Matt.
                      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                      X