Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FILTERING - can layout and use be changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FILTERING - can layout and use be changed?

I quite like the look and feel of this Lawnmower Advisor:
    https://www.al-ko.com/shop/uk/mower-advisor

But it is really using filtering to get to the answer, just like we do anyway but this takes a step-by-step guided approach.

Could the in-built sellerdeck filtering data be accessed and presented in this way?

Hi Jez, I can't see why not. But the front end would have to be built from scratch - either with CSS or Javascript, I'm not sure which would work best - and the search script driven from there. Perfectly doable IMO, but not easy.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

This is encouraging. I would really like to be able to have a guided wizard like approach to help the customer s choose a product. Are any of our learned colleagues out there up to the challenge? Obviously I am willing to put some money into this work.

Comment

I've done similar things before. One approach would be to put all products (or their Duplicates) in a special Section. These products would have Variables for type (robot / user), garden size, etc. A custom section layout would be used that contains the sorting / hiding images and controls and custom code. As the customer makes their selection the products below would be sorted and/or hidden as appropriate.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X