Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network settings fail on test but website still uploads and downloads orders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network settings fail on test but website still uploads and downloads orders.

Hello
    Im running sellerdeck 2016 latest version Setup_SellerDeck_2016_16.0.6.0_TKAB

My settings haven't changed but my server did migrate my site to a new server

Since the network settings come back with an error on testing

The server returned an invalid or unrecognized responce

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check: - the 'Path to the Perl shell' - the 'CGI script extension' - the 'Path to CGI-BIN' - the 'CGI-BIN URL' - the amount of web space left on your server - if your server is configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts - the permissions on the server: On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be: cgi-bin (755)– drwxr-xr-x Online Store Folder (777)– drwxrwxrwx On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company): IIS cgi-bin = read/execute Online Store Folder = read/write/execute NTFS cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

And then these suggestions by sellerdeck

The strange thing is the website will still upload and I even downloaded an order!

Can anyone shed light on this please?

Thanks

Bhu

Im currently in touch with the host. Just Host who have been great for 15 years no issues. Now they cant see why this is the case....

Comment

ok the upload finished but popped up this error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (7).png
Views:	340
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	552017

Comment

The host is saying that all these criteria are met and dont know why sellerdeck cant access them

Comment

Im now trying to run the network wizard for new settings to see if that fixes it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (8).png
Views:	337
Size:	388.3 KB
ID:	552021

Comment

get this error with wizard but all details are correctly entered

Comment

Can you send an email from sellerdeck?
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Under Common Settings, you have the Web Site URL as http:// - I would have thought it should be https://
                  Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                  SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

Well spotted. I had to look a couple of times even after you mentioned it to spot that!

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ok changed the common settings that didnt change a thing. so waiting to hear back from my host now. Its a company called JustHost Ive been with them for nearly 20 years and never had an issue. Its since they transferred the websites to a new updated server Im having the issues

Comment

To be honest, the Network Wizard in SD2016 is unreliable (in my experience). If the website uploads, you can download orders and emails are sent etc then I wouldn't worry about it.

I haven't had a problem with the Network Wizard in SD2018.
                        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Whats worrying is that I can access the site via ftp software such as cuteftp and send and download emails via outlook so the host is saying its 3rd party software error that needs to be addressed by sellerdeck!

Comment

OK - just to be clear.... which bit is worrying you?
                            Based in rural Northants

Comment

That the seller deck software ftp and email is not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X