Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems migrating to a new server

Hi all,

It's been a hell of a long time since I last posted on here. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Could I ask for some advice with a server migration issue on SellerDeck Business 2016? I'm migrating the website www.downunderleisure.co.uk from one Linux server to another. All we've really done to the settings is change the IP address of the server in the settings but we've encountered issues with the scripts going into the cgi-bin. Weirdly, I can see them there on the new server and that they've been added as recently as today. However, if you try to add anything to the cart on the website you get this script error.

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/ca000002.pl was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    We did the normal process for migrating of suspending order, waiting a few mins, downloading orders, changing the A record of the domain, changing the server IP in the SellerDeck settings, doing a website refresh. The site is there and you can browse it easily, and it also loads very quickly, which was the main aim. However, when we do a website purge and refresh, we're getting errors (we changed the script ID from 2 to 3 to help and see if that helped us get around the errors, but it hasn't).

I've checked at the server end and nothing is being blocked by the firewall and there's no issues with the FTP ports. The latest error is as follows:

SellerDeck is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration
    Has anyone come across this before? Web settings are below (exactly the same as they were on the old server but just the IP address changed)

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 2
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST mail.downunderleisure.co.uk
    WEBSITEURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS false
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPBUFFERSIZE 4
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 55000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 60000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
    SMTPUSERNAME orders@downunderleisure.co.uk
    SMTPPASSWORD ########
    COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
    COMPRESSEDUPLOAD false
    SSLCATALOGURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/acatalog/
    SSLCGIBINURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/
    SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../httpdocs/acatalog/
    SSLFTPHOST 185.217.41.93
    SSLFTPUSERNAME ########
    SSLFTPPASSWORD ########
    SSLPATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
    SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false

Cheers
    Stuart
    Cheers
    Stuart

I'm a bit mystified as to what you've done here as your error.err file has errors going back to 2011.

If this was a fresh upload of a site onto a new server then the error.err file wouldn't have anything older than the fresh upload date.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

I think that's come from the site when it was first launched. The new server has a migration tool to copy everything across from the old server so it's probable that it was this which pulled in the old error file.

Cheers
      Stuart
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

I thought it must be something like this.

I suspect the problem might be with the server rather than the sellerdeck settings but it could be both.

I'd go back to basics and start there.

1. Upload a simple 'hello world' perl test script to your cgi-bin and see if you can get that to run.

2. After that, run a sellerdeck network test and proceed from there.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Well even part one of this failed, Mike. I'm taking a further look at the server settings now to see what's causing this. It's meant to just be a duplication of the settings from the previous server (including cgi-bin folder permissions etc) so it's a total mystery at this stage.

Cheers
          Stuart
          Cheers
          Stuart

Comment

Looks like the server people have ruled out this being a server issue. What I can't work out is how can it be a SellerDeck issue when the only setting that has changed is the IP address of the server?

I can see that the files have uploaded successfully to the server, both in the cgi-bin and the catalog folder but the scripts just don't seem to want to work.

Can anyone recommend a good process to follow as trial and error to get to a place whereby the scripts from the cgi-bin execute without any problems? I never quite know whether it's been to do a standard upload, website fresh, purge and refresh etc.
            Cheers
            Stuart

Comment

I've had something similar some time ago and it turned out to be the "owner" of the folders. Can't remember anything more than that but compare the owner of the folders and files on the old server with the new server..... it might have been changed by the migration process.
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

There are also an Apache setting - ScriptAlias - that dictates which folders can run scripts (I think that's what it does). I've had problems with that on a previous migration.
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks for these suggestions, much appreciated. It looks like it's not the first one as the owner permissions appear to be correct: drwxr-xr-x 2 downunder psacln 4096 Feb 14 2018 cgi-bin

I'll look into the second one now and see if it's anything to do with that. I'm hoping to get it sorted today as it's been an issue for a few days now.

It's driving me insane when I can see the scripts are there and have been uploaded on a recent upload but yet they won't execute!
                  Cheers
                  Stuart

Comment

Could be an incompatibility between the Perl on your server and the version of SellerDeck you are using. Details on https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...233#post553233

Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Really interesting and thanks for posting this info. They're using SellerDeck Business 16.0.3 and the version of Perl on the new server is v5.16.3. Would you say that this version of Perl should be sufficient to execute scripts from the cgi-bin? Or that actioning your suggested notes on your thread would be the answer?

I can see the scripts are uploading correctly by the timestamp next to them when I check on FTP. It's just the execution of them that's not happening. Adding to cart, using the search etc, it all generates perl script errors.

Cheers
                      Stuart
                      Cheers
                      Stuart

Comment

This article http://blogs.perl.org/users/rurban/2...finedhash.html seems to say the Perl 5.16 will error out on the code SellerDeck is using.

defined(@array) and defined(%hash) have been deprecated in the docs since 5.6, but only now enforced with 5.16. It never did anything useful, it just worked by accident.
                        It's easy to make the changes and find out. Also easy to undo if you back up the files before changing them.

If you just change ACTINIC.pm and then upload the Cart should start working. If it does, do the other two as well.

Comment

Fabulous advice Norman, thank you. I'll get him to do this and report back on the outcome. Thanks a lot.
                          Cheers
                          Stuart

Comment

Hi all,

I tried looking at the three scripts mentioned in the post above but they were correct as they're now using Business v16.0.7, so these scripts had already been modified.

Could I ask if anyone is hosted on a Linux server running the Plesk control panel if they could compare their hosting settings with those below and let me know if they've got anything different? I've also attached a screen grab of the hosting control panel and the setup there to see if anything is incorrect. It seems that files are being uploaded but scripts can't be executed. These are just the same settings off the old server (also Linux/Plesk) so I can't see why they won't work on the new server.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                            HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                            HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                            HTTPPROXYUSER
                            HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                            FTPPROXYMODE 0
                            FTPPROXYADDRESS
                            FTPPROXYPORT 21
                            FTPPROXYUSER
                            FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                            SCRIPTID 2
                            SCRIPTEXT .pl
                            SMTPHOST mail.downunderleisure.co.uk
                            WEBSITEURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/
                            IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS false
                            USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                            PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                            USEENHANCEFTP true
                            FTPBUFFERSIZE 4
                            FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 55000
                            FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                            FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
                            FTPSILENT false
                            FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                            FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 60000
                            SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
                            SMTPUSERNAME ****@downunderleisure.co.uk
                            SMTPPASSWORD ********
                            COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
                            COMPRESSEDUPLOAD false
                            SSLCATALOGURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/acatalog/
                            SSLCGIBINURL https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/
                            SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../httpdocs/acatalog/
                            SSLFTPHOST 185.217.41.93
                            SSLFTPUSERNAME ********
                            SSLFTPPASSWORD ********
                            SSLPATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
                            SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false

Click image for larger version

Name:	dul-ss.png
Views:	131
Size:	563.3 KB
ID:	553280
                            Attached Files
                            Cheers
                            Stuart

Comment

Looking at https://www.downunderleisure.co.uk/ I see that it's running SellerDeck 16.0.6 and was last uploaded on 18th November at 16:16.

I don't see any problems now. Cart and Search are both working as they should.

Comment

Working...
                              X