• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error deleting registry key

Hello,

Has anyone had this problem

"Error deleting registry key
    Software\SellerDeck\DockingPanelLayouts\\ContentTableLayout\Pane-1. The parameter is incorrect"

I have to click through about 20 of these errors to get Sellerdeck 2016 to finally load. Any suggestions?

As well I am running a United States version. They have abandoned the US application. Does anyone know of any plugins that will allow the newer version of Sellerdeck to work with FedEx, US taxes and Authorize.net credit card processing? I don't want to have to move to a new web platform if I can help it.

Thanks for any Help Doug

Hi Doug,

It's not a problem I'm familiar with but it sounds as if something has gone wrong somewhere with your database or installation. the things I would do are:

First make sure you have a copy of everything in case you hit problems.

1. Make a copy of your site 1 folder so you have a backup in case anything goes wrong.
    2. Make a copy of your network settings and authorisation keys and keep them somewhere safe.
    3. Export a snapshot of your site to a non sellerdeck location.

Now you can start to try and fix things.

4. Compact and repair the database. See if that fixes it.
    5. If not, it could be your sellerdeck installation. Uninstall sellerdeck and then do a clean installation. Import your snapshot into that and see if it fixes it.

That should fix most things. If you still have problems then I'm out of ideas.

Are you running windows 10 on a PC?

Is this a new problem? Was everything running fine beforehand and did anything change that might have created the problem?

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

We had the problem
      Operating System is Not Configured to Run this Application
      I followed the instructions listed on this forum for the fix, “Download and run 'AccessDatabaseEngine.exe”, that allowed the program to finally load but with this error
      "Error deleting registry key
      Software\SellerDeck\DockingPanelLayouts\\ContentTableLayout\Pane-1. The parameter is incorrect"

It goes through pane -1 through pane-20 So I have to click through 20 errors each time I load Sellerdeck or within Sellerdeck go from orders to content! Very annoying!
      I am running program on a Server with Windows server 2016 software

Thanks Doug

Comment

That brings up a couple of other things to consider.

Have you also tried the registry edit that's suggested if the download doesn't fix the problem?

Did you run the fix on both the server and the client PCs?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X