Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 updates

Hi

I am unable to send email confirmation of customers orders from my Sellerdeck website. I have tried alternative settings but I now get an error message saying this
    Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
    1. Network transmission problems.
    2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
    1. Retry
    2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
    If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
    or contact your ISP.

My hosting company reset the SMTP setting and it appeared to work but clearly the emails are still not being sent or confirmation to customers. I have tried alternative settings suggested by my hosting company but then I get a different error message (If I try and alter the password)

ERROR
    SMPT Username/Password characters can be in the range '!'(ASCII(33)) - '~'(ASCII(126))

Does Sellerdeck use a third party to send out emails from the site. I assumed I was using my hosting company.

What am I supposed to do to rectify this? I have always been able to confirm orders as being processed and then send another confirmation of despatch to the customer, neither of which are now working. I do not know if it may be a microsoft update that has caused this as it has already disabled one of my Kyocera printers. Can anyone help please?

SellerDeck sends all outgoing emails from your server.

Your desktop system sends your chosen email to the server which then sends them out.

Website customers get an automatic order confirmation email when they check out. This is sent directly from your server and your desktop system isn't involved.

These help you determine where a breakdown in communication is happening.

If your customers are getting automatic order confirmation emails when they check out then the server is sending OK. Check that first.

If the customer emails are working but your desktop ones aren't then that points to a problem on your desktop system.

If neither type of emails work then the problem is at the server end.

There is also a test you can make; Web / Network Setup / Test which reports in detail what happens when a test email is sent.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman Many thanks for your reply. The customer is only getting a confirmation of payment from Worldpay, not a confirmation of the order or a copy of it. I understood once I download their order and printed it off the confirmation is made when I double click on their email under 'Mail' tab then I click 'send now'. This is giving an FTP error message again (netenergy did reset the SMPT and it appeared to be working briefly but it has now gone back to an error message and no email confirmation is being received by the customer, or the one I send to advise them the order is on it's way, by clicking 'New' under Mail tab ).

Comment

When I do a test it appears to be working

Comment

The customers emails don't appear to be working from Sellerdeck - I have just tried this one and get this error message 58320Lyndazissell@aol.comUnable to connect to the mail socket (Unknown error)

Comment

When I do a test it appears to be working
            I presume you mean the Web / Network Setup / Test (it helps to be precise).
            If that worked you would receive an email on the address set in Setting / Business Settings / Company/Contact / Contact / Email Address.
            Did this happen?
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi sorry yes I did Web/Network Setup/Test - I don't get any email to my own emails (not sure I ever have)

Comment

Do you use Host-it at all? As I had this problem a month ago.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I used Net Energy which is now Hosting UK which are no where near as good - I had personal contact with Net Energy - now it is all tickets which are closed after 3 days

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows what to do about the recent Microsoft update which has corrupted my network settings to my Kyocera printer so that it no longer prints from my computer - apparently this has happened to lots of people with certain printers. My Xerox still works fine.

Comment

Hi Norman - I have checked all my settings on the Sellerdeck desktop - it definitely has ticked, send email to customer but I have just tried this morning and although the FTP error has gone (I suspect the hosting company has reset SMTP), the customer said they still did not get an email directly from my website, only one from worldpay.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows what to do about the recent Microsoft update which has corrupted my network settings to my Kyocera printer so that it no longer prints from my computer - apparently this has happened to lots of people with certain printers. My Xerox still works fine.
                        The regular Windows 10 update had a printer bug which they then rapidly released a fix for, only to find it introduced another bug. They have now released a fix for that but say it should only be installed by people who need it.

Kyocera seems to be on the list of printers affected by the first bug which suggests the solution given here https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/2...rash-microsoft might fix it. In essence you just need to tell windows update to look for a new update.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X