Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webmail roundcube by sellerdeck treats our OWN emails & order confirmations as SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webmail roundcube by sellerdeck treats our OWN emails & order confirmations as SPAM

A few months ago i reported the issue that our emails, in reply to customer enquiries, was sent direct to their spam folder or in many cases was deleted at server level. They never get a reply it appears to them!
    having raised the issue with the dns server a dkim record was changed and also the @ record.
    now a few months in and the same is occuring and i have checked with the dns host who confirm they are ok and no changes have been made their side.
    so is it just that roundcube is generally rubbish or is there a wider security / fault issue with roundcube.
    has anyone else experienced this problem?

as you can imagine when our online order confimation email are classed as spam, there is a huge issue and it has cost sales of ££££

any advice - suggestions welcome.

ps a whole new site design and change is in the pipeline, just got to juggle some cancer treatment in between deailing with this and running a company

simon
    danish homestore

Interesting as we get that too. You should put your URL in your community signature so we can see your store. My wife is half Danish and might like to go shopping!
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Hi Simon,

I've no experience of Roundcube but I'm trying to understand your problem to see if there's anything I can add towards finding a solution.

It sounds as if you have two problems, but I might be reading it wrong.

On the one hand you have replies sent via roundcube to customer enquiries going straight to the customer's spam folders or being deleted on the server (I believe BT for example now does this and the only way to see those emails is to look at their spam folder via BT webmail).

You also say your order confirmations from Sellerdeck are being treated as spam.

I can't help wondering if this means the problem is with the SMTP server you're using to send the emails rather than the source of the emails themselves(i.e. Roundcube or Sellerdeck). I know from my own experience that problems with emails going to spam are usually due to spam being sent from the same SMTP server so that's the first place I'd be looking. Usually the SMTP server will log problems getting email delivered so you should be able to look there for signs of problems.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

So i have received another order confirmation that has gone to spam and even after moving it from spam and marking NOT SPAM, after a few hours and going back to in box, it was gone and found back in spam!

the source for the email does show something i think is odd.

the dkim!

Return-Path: <Simon@danish-homestore.com> X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.0 (2014-02-07) on host005.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk X-Spam-Level: X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.2 required=7.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00, DKIM_INVALID,DKIM_SIGNED,LOTS_OF_MONEY,MONEY_NOHTML autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0 X-Original-To: Simon@danish-homestore.com Delivered-To: simon@danish-homestore.com Received: from www.danish-homestore.com (host005.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk [127.0.0.1]) by host005.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk (Postfix) with SMTP id 0F75B338 for <Simon@danish-homestore.com>; Sun, 23 May 2021 11:24:51 +0100 (BST) DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=danish-homestore.com; b=WUd80Q1jKJuqwRcA27ihcEJ9IFwQx8fsrUJZSFqbS6l5udbNDdMRGp2NRlPcUad7InO0X9s8qmUmlzUzD2YPeaC0giFA3R3ARBn5HSf6FvSJb1s9d3JhjoDXqNNHc98eqhhW8m6ynf1NqxI7SOlHKddhGG6B5ptD56T60rnTmI4=; h=Date:From:Subject:To:Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id; Date: 23 May 2021 10:24:51 GMT From: Simon@danish-homestore.com Subject: Order Number: JS01XR40000650 To: Simon@danish-homestore.com Reply-To: Simon@danish-homestore.com Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Message-Id: <20210523102451.0F75B338@host005.sellerdeckwebhosting.co.uk> Dear Jackie Spencer, Thank you for shopping at DANISH HOMESTORE. We have received and are processing the following order:

Comment

Working...
        X