Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please - Sellerdeck crashes every time it opens

Hello

I am currently using Sellerdeck 16.0.4 desktop on Windows 10, decent spec laptop. Before today, it would crash from time to time, sometimes in Design tab or sometimes when uploading to my website. Usually it would reopen okay afterwards.

But now it won’t open at all. It gets to 95% on the loading bar before the dreaded crash dump window replaces the main screen. I’m on at least twelve attempts and counting already. Can anyone suggest what I might be able to do please.

Thanks
    Paul

Check your antivirus isn't causing it, try closing everything else running to.
    Do you have another pc or laptop to import your latest snapshot to and try that
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Hi Ed, thanks for your message.

I have just tried opening it with the antivirus paused and that hasn’t worked I'm afraid. Sellerdeck is the only program open.

I'm not currently able to import the snapshot onto another machine either unfortunately.

I'm wondering if something might need changing in the registry perhaps?

Thanks, Paul

Comment

Sounds daft maybe but have you tried restarting the laptop?
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Yes I have restarted the laptop a couple of times and it still crashes.

I have just discovered that I do have Sellerdeck 18.02 on the same laptop, must have downloaded and licenced this but never switched my site across.

I may try to load the last snapshot (last week's) onto this version, and then may look to load the more recent set of orders (as of today before it crashed) from the ActinicCatalog.mdb file to see if that supersedes it.

If that does work, I guess I’ll have to start using version 18 instead, though can’t imagine this will go smoothly.

Comment

You're not using videos are you?

This microsoft problem could be the cause:

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ing-windows-10
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.

I don’t use embedded videos in my website. However, I do think the problem is quite similar that the software is trying to open the product page that was selected at the time of the crash, but failing at 95%.

Usually, I always close Sellerdeck with the Content Tree highlighting the Home page, and the Page Details tab on General, ie the topmost options in both tabs.
              I’ve done this ever since I was getting repeated crashes in 2018, and up to now that has seemed to be safe. I would still get occasional crashes, but afterwards it would open safely with the Home Page highlighted even if I had been working on another page during the crash.

Now the dump screenshot shows it’s trying (and failing) to open at the product page within the Contents tab, though I had actually been working in the Design tab before the crash.

I wonder if it could be a registry issue perhaps, does anyone have experience of changing these values?

In the Site 1/SelectedTreeItems registry, I have:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
              1 REG_SZ
              12 REG_SZ 0-120-21+21
              13 REG_SZ 0-22-14+14

Wonder if I can alter these perhaps?

One other thing, the ActinicCatalog.ldb (record-locking information file) is remaining in my Site1 folder after each crash. After a successful close, this file should disappear from the folder.

Thanks
              Paul

Comment

In case it helps, I was eventually able to solve this issue. I installed the same version of Sellerdeck (16.04) on a different laptop using the setup file, then imported a week-old snapshot that I knew had worked okay. Once I was sure this would open reliably on the new machine I then used the previous day's ActinicCatalog.mdb file to import just the orders onto the new machine. Once I had compacted the database and ensured it reopened on the new machine, I transferred this healthy ActinicCatlog.mdb back to my actual business machine and replaced the file currently in my Site1 folder, which must have corrupted somehow. To my relief this then opened okay, leaving me with just a week's worth of missing design changes which I was easily able to redo.

Comment

Working...
                X