Scripts not running for older versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripts not running for older versions

Does anyone know if V16, and earlier, run with version V5.26.3 of perl?

Just upgraded a server and older versions of Sellerdeck will not run scripts for cart etc. Tested V16 and V14 both the same.

Logs show "Compilation failed in require at ca000001.pl line 17."

V18 running fine.

Is the newer version of perl (v5.26.3) the issue or is the server missing a required perl module which is not required for V18?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Colin - www.MintingDigital.co.uk
    Web Design, Hosting and Sellerdeck since V8

If you go to Help > Troubleshooting and then select the Website Analysis button it will open a web page with lots of detail about the hosting environment. Scroll down a little way and there will be a couple of Perl sections - Perl Environment and Perl Modules. Check that to see if it reports any errors.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

I suspect the problem is the one mentioned here https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...d-what-doesn-t where the newer versions of Perl don't have the required modules.

Reading the V16 release notes it doesn't look as if the fix was ever released in the software but it sounds as if Bruce might have a script modification that can be used as a fix.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The missing Net::SSL and Crypt:SSL issue (SD-8272) was fixed in v18.2.0.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Yes. And for V16 and earlier as the original poster was asking?

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi all,

Website Analysis is using the cgi-bin/se000001.pl which will not run.

The link mentioned could be the same issue. This server is a new build which has perl V5.26.3. I am able to add modules to the build but identifying missing ones is my problem.

So far I have tried installing Perlbrew using the cPanel account terminal which gives me the option to select a version of Perl for that account. I have installed perl V5.16.3 which the old server was using. I am sill have issues with that - from the terminal in the cPanel account it shows as V5.16.3 but a 'version.pl' file in the cgi bin is showing V5.26.3 (the system perl version). Not sure why yet- still looking into it.

Thanks

Comment

Update

Problem resolved - kind of.

I still don't know what the issues are with regards to using V5.26.3 Perl and its modules, however, I have resolved this for me as follows.

Brief summary:

Installed Perlbrew on the user account of cPanel
              Switched the Perl version to V5.16.3 (known to work on last server)
              Changed the 'Path to the Perl shell' in Web > Network Setup to: [user account]/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.16.3/bin/perl
              Full refresh of site and all working.

Comment

Working...
              X