Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic prices

Hi there,

I have products which have a component and so uses sum of product and components prices, on the product page the price is correct. However, on the new product list and best sellers list, only shows the product price not the combined price.

How can I change this.

Thanks Mash
    Mash

I have raised a ticket on this as it looks like a bug, it has be escalate this to our development staff for their comments.

If anyone else is having the same problem please contact them, the issue is just to recap:

With both best sellers and new product list in sidebar and the body of the page are showing the wrong price.

I have a product which has a component who takes it price from a hidden product, the pricing model is sum of products and components but it only returns the product price.

So when you click on the product in one of these lists and you go to the product, the price increases which people won't like!

As I said, anyone who has a similar experience please let them know.

Thanks M
    Mash

Comment

I did take this to Sellerdeck, it wasn't classed as a bug as it was working as designed, which means my only option is to take out the price element from the list. See there message below.

It is not good news I am afraid; the developer that was assigned the issue had to go to the development product manager to define the orginal concept of the layout. The response was as follows: -

It is a limitation of the marketing lists. They are really too abbreviated to have full pricing information, additionally because you can have quantity discounts, customer-specific prices and all sorts of other variations, they just show the starting price of each product.

Sadly therefore there is nothing that can be done, however I have added this as a 'wish list item' which means that it will be investigated for inclusion in later versions of the software.

The only thing I can think to do, is to remove the price component of the marketing lists altogether and simply have the link to the actual product.

To do this go to the 'Design' tab and click on the 'Best Sellers' item in the 'Preview' portion of the page to be taken to the correct layout and locate the line: -

Marketing Price List
      in pink and replace it with: -

<!-- <actinic:variable value="Marketing Price List" name="PriceListRetail" /> -->
      and click 'OK'. This will have the effect of replacing the price altogether.
      Mash

Comment

i tried to do something like this but couldnt figure a way around it

I did however modify the dynamic price layout slightly so that the base price has a "from" prefix.

Example

for this i altered the standard tax inclusive layout.

I dont know if this helps

Code:
        <span class="product-price">
        <actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>
        	$g_bShowDynamicTaxInclusivePrice = true;
        	$g_bShowDynamicTaxMessage = true;
        	$g_bShowDynamicTaxExclusivePrice = false;
        </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29" >
        	<br />
        	<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GetPriceListCount%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%201%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PricingModel%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%201%29%20OR%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22OverrideStaticPrice%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GetPriceListCount%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PricingModel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22OverrideStaticPrice%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29" >from <!-- <actinic:variable name="DynamicPricePrefix" /> --></actinic:block>
        www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Comment

Hi there,

I also choose to adjust the layout so it has a prefix to the price as you can see:

Price prefix change example.

Do you know how to adjust the layout for best seller list and new product list, see the attached image, it has the price wrapped around, it has a price of the product not the product + component price. I am concerned that people may see the best seller list with the price and once clicked through will get the higher price.

That may annoy people. Any thoughts.

Thanks M
          Attached Files
          Mash

Comment

Working...
          X