Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter error just started

Any help appreciated!

This weekend we have started to get the following error with our filtered section pages:

Filter operation returned a script error. Please try again and contact us if the error persists. The error was:
    [SyntaxarseJSON]

Example page with the error is
    http://www.diveshoponline.co.uk/acat...ount-Sale.html

We have made no design changes. I have also noticed that some filter pages are now trying to show a page that was changed in November 2015, not sure if this is related.

Support have asked me to change every use of " in the product description to a ' but this is hundreds of entries and many hours work!! and we have used videos and images in our descriptions for years without an issue, so I am not sure why this would affect things now?

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this and what might have caused it so we can avoid the issue in the future

Looks like this bug http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55786 that was acknowledged by SellerDeck over a year ago in the V14 days.

Even worse, there's no mention of it being fixed in the 16.0.1 beta that's just been announced.

If you turn off the display of descriptions in your search results (Settings / Search... / Results / Display Options) that will at least keep your site operational.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just tested for this bug in the new SD 16.0.1 beta and it's not been fixed.

Looks like a year isn't enough time for SD to get a fix in.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Thank you for that, I have it still outstanding with Sellerdeck, and I thought Id found a resolution with some strange code but its started again.

Very frustrating! Hopefully they will resolve it.

Thanks for your help again!

Mark

Comment

We had this JSON error. It turned out one of the product references had a hidden character in it (like a carriage return) that must have crept in when copying/pasting from something like Excel or Adobe.

For the products you are expecting to appear in the filter section, check your product refs for duff characters. You may need to over-key them. We also found that the & symbol caused problems.

Comment

I am trying to update my Actinic V9 site to SellerDeck 2016 16.0.0.1 UK.
            I just got this message trying to publish for the first time:

Checking JSON script... and the program freeze...

Any suggestions ?
            I was able to publish the upgrade V9 site with SellerDeck 16.0.0.0 US but the search tool was not working.
            Bernard Morin

Comment

Working...
            X