Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring stock from an old version to 16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring stock from an old version to 16?

Hey, I did have a look through existing posts and could not find this answer. I am guessing its an easy one and I am just missing something.

Is there a way to export your stock lists and images etc, from v14 to v16 using a snapshot of some kind?

Thanks

You can export the catalog and import it again into your newer release/design.
    It would probably need a bit of messing with but certainly achievable.

You would need to gen up on the hierarchical import/export formats, but it's not too difficult.

You can manually copy over your images etc first before importing, keeping the same folder structure.

Comment

If you have access to MS Access, you can easily do this either using a hierarchical file or flat file format.

Id a lot of stock changing like this, the minimum you will need is the Product reference and nStockOnHand from the Product table. This will show you current stock, on import, you will need to change nStockOnHand to Stock in hand (slight niggle Sellerdeck does map the actual column/ field name). Job done.

Very quick, if a product in the new version does exist, it will be generated and left in the root for you to deal with, for that reason I would included the Short description field. You can also import image details at the same time.

As Duncan says there is some useful stuff in the help file.
      Mash

Comment

Working...
      X