Paypal checkout express - A General Script Error Occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal checkout express - A General Script Error Occurred

Trying to set-up Paypal checkout express I have come up with a problem in SD16

A General Script Error Occurred

Error: Please select a state/province for United Kingdom
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    Link to the address set up on site, the United Kingdom is split up into England, Wales, Scotland etc..

Of course through the check out process the user can't select the region. Is it possible to sort this.

Thanks Mash
    Mash

I hope you get somewhere with this one, as I did not.

I was initially told that it was to do with the country code
    see: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...country_codes/

The list in the link shows UK = GB
    However, it works for us when it's UK = UK (see below)

For a workaround, we did this when we were on v14, and it's currently working on v16:

For Paypal Express, set location:
    country code : "UK" = UK (Paypal)"

In shipping,
    create a Zone called "UK - Paypal",
    and assign only "UK (Paypal)"

For non-Paypal payment methods, set locations
    "UK-ENG" = UK (England Mainland)"
    "UK-WAL" = UK (Wales)
    etc...

It works, but not perfect. We can't get away from receiving orders (eg. Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight etc) using normal England/Wales parcel prices...

I did think of entering all the regions for the UK, but I don't think it will resolve this
    - we sometimes receive orders paid by Paypal with incomplete addresses (eg.street is complately missing, house number missing) - and they are highlighted "verified" !?!

Let us know when you get the perfect solution...

Comment

Thanks for your post, I haven't gone back this as there has been other issues, I am not too sure I can get it to work for this site.

Maybe I have to set up the UK as its parts so England is a country not a region of the UK as I have got it set.

Will try it on another website first then come back to this one.

Thanks for your input.

M
      Mash

Comment

our UK is split up in the countries...

main list at the top of the list, with the Paypal linked one at the bottom

see attached images...
        Attached Files

Comment

Images very useful, umm should be able to get it to work.

Attached is how it is currently set up.

I know changing the country information will impact on customer accounts and it will mean I will have to re-allocate manually their new region!

Zones I am assuming are shipping ones?

Thanks M
          Attached Files
          Mash

Comment

Hi

See attached how we setup the shipping tables.
            - it's a pain having to enter the same details for each UK - xxxx....

There is a problem with Paypal only seeing UK as 1 country:
            eg. 1 parcel via Parcelforce to Essex UK vs Isle of Wight UK... postage rates are different for both (IOW is much higher rate)... but Paypal considers both as just "UK"

I always thought that the counties in the UK should be regions of England / Wales etc...
            - this was suggested by Sellerdeck support (to enter the counties in the regiosn) to see if Paypal could distinguish an order, so I did try it out, but no, it did not work... Paypal seems to see UK as just one country...

So with the current setup, so we have to "look out" for these kind of orders...

If anyone else have had success in getting Paypal to recognise England / Wales etc as different parts of the UK (with shipping correctly calculated)... please let me know.
            Attached Files

Comment

May try and get hold of Paypal, they are meant to a partner with Sellerdeck.

M
              Mash

Comment

Working...
              X