Generate Scripts... not generating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generate Scripts... not generating?

I don't know if anyone else is getting the same problem, but Generate Scripts doesn't appear to be generating anything for us.

I select Web | Generate Scripts and the progress bar in the little dialogue box seems to go fine. But then I cannot locate the scripts anywhere on the hard drive. They are certainly not in the site folder, where it tells me to look. They aren't hidden, I've checked that. And a full hard drive search has come up with no results.

Sellerdeck Support are their usual selves - the guy I was speaking to didn't even know you could generate scripts, let alone be able to help me. Currently I'm following their suggestion of a Purge and Refresh instead - the painfully slow option of fixing the scripts on the server.

Is this working for anyone else? Are we just special?

They are in site specific sub-folders within the SellerDeck Temp folder which is a location that you set up (or accept the default) when installing SD.

You can look in the Registry to see where it is via (on my Windows 7 Pro system):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SellerDeck\2016\Original\LocalDataRoot\(Default)
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Why do you want to generate the scripts independently?

Comment

Working...
      X