Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V16 Order Value Bug Crashes Application

Hi fellow V16 users.

There would appear to be a bug in V16 (current and previous build) which crashes the application if the order totals between £127.24 and £127.38.
    I am resorting to putting this on here due to my frustration with cover support. I raised a ticket on the 4th of March and after a month of correspondence am still being told that they cannot replicate the error.

Here are three methods of testing for it.

1. If you have a PC available that does not have V16 installed. Download and install the current V16.0.1. You do not have to enter your key, it is fine using evaluation. Do not load any snapshot into it just leave it with the example site. You will find there are 3 test orders. Open order no.1 (£60.24)
    In the Line Items tab, add an adjustment for £55.86 and change the tax to VAT.
    This will bring the total of the order to £127.28(if my sums are correct). See what happens.

2. Take a snapshot of your own V16 site and add an adjustment to any order to make its total somewhere between £127.24 and £127.38. If you have an old order in payment pending, that would be ideal.

3. Take a snapshot.
    Go onto your website and place an order for items who’s total with VAT and shipping will be between the range above. Close the browser at the payment stage so that it comes in as payment pending. Try to open the order.

Whilst I recommend a snapshot before attempting 2 & 3, I have found no lasting problems when Sellerdeck is re-loaded after the crash. The manual adjustments are not added so the orders can be opened.

I happen to have an item on the site whose total value with UK shipping is £127.28. Two customers bought these on the same day and I had to venture into the database in order to get the details. I have since reduced the price of this item so that its total is no longer in the crash range. There may of course be other ranges that have yet to be stumbled apon.

Be assured, if a genuine order arrives within this range, there is no way that it can be opened within Sellerdeck.

I am rather hoping that some of you guys will find the same as me and that someone at Sellerdeck starts looking into it properly.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

See this thread Graham.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56730

I would imagine it's the same issue.
    Andy Barrow
    http://www.codepath.biz
    T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
    Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Thanks Andy, that looks hopeful.

I shall sit down in a quiet hour, go through the whole thread and see if the fix sorts it out.

Still somewhat seething that support have managed to string me along for a month without getting any closer to acknowledging the problem than day one.

I only raise a ticket every couple of years and every time I end up getting through it outside of support either by taking a weekend systematically trying stuff myself or finding help from you forum chaps.

Wouldn't mind if cover was cheap.
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
      The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Working...
      X