Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclude discounted product from order level discount

Hi all,

I have quantity discounts on most of my items, applied at cart level.

I am soon to run an order level global discount but want to exclude 1 product because the 2 discounts combined would kill my margin on that product.

I thought, as per a post I found, that if I did it at cart level and created a new product group without that product in the group I could then assign the new discount to that group, but sd wont let me have a product in more than 1 group !

Ive read sveral posts but cannot see a solution, could someone please confirm if this definitely cannot be done, or is there a fix I dont know about ?

Edit: sorry, this should be in 2013 forum, shall I delete it ?
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Don't the solution would be relevant for SD13 and SD16.

Difficult to give advice without more infomation on the planned discount,
    • how does the quantity discount work at the moment?
    • what is the second discount?

You may be able to use a hidden product to keep the quantity discount working for you, and keep the product out of the product group.

As I said bit more info and I may be able to think of a solution!
    Mash

Comment

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I should have given more info.

I have quantity discounts applied to product groups at cart level. I now also have a global shop discount applied to the whole shop at order level, total cart contents 20% off.

I wish to exclude 1 product group from the extra 20% off whilst keeping its quantity based discounts, but I really cannot see a way.

A hidden product might work, although I think it could be quite complex given the amount of permutations my products have.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Umm, I think it will be a problem.

Not sure if you have a trigger for the 20% off. If you did, you could change your prices for the products to include the 20% discount so that doesn't need a product group. And then your original quantity discount would keep on working.

Disadvantage of this would be that all the prices would have dropped by 20% and new customers may not see that discount but you could as a variable which could have the original price somewhere in the layout.

It is a difficult one, if a promo running for a week, I would just ask people to give you a call if you want to order the product which does have the 20% and remove it from the product group and get on. But if it is running for 6 months, it is worth doing more stuff on it.

Hope you can get something working, let us know which way you jump.
        Mash

Comment

Hello,

I have decided its just not going to work.
          I have implemented a trigger for the 20% so that really small orders do not qualify for it.

We need new customers ,so the promo will be running for the rest of the year !

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X