Under populated google-products.xml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under populated google-products.xml

I've been through each of the product and section flags to check for feed exclusion but I appear to only be getting a fraction of the products in the store being generated to the xml feed. I've tried to check for obvious things, 0 price, missing required fields, does anyone know what else can block products?
    Dave

Product > Details > 'Exclude from Google product feed' would be one I'd definitely check.

EDIT: Ignore this as you say you've checked for feed exclusions.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yep I've been through all the product and section flags to check for feed exclusion. Everything is geared to include items.

I reviewed the list of items being generated. The numbers are not so random, the first 12 from each section. This immediately put me in mind of the the pagination value, which I've just tested and if I change this value the feed value changes too.

At least I know where the truncation is coming from now.
      Dave

Comment

Just an update for anyone looking for a fix to this issue.

Heading to the template Google Product Feed Layout and changing

Code:
        <actinic:block type="ProductList" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSectionExcludedFromGoogleExport%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
        for

Code:
        <actinic:block type="SectionEntireProductList" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSectionExcludedFromGoogleExport%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
        Should fix the issue
        Dave

Comment

Where is the output of the xml file visible? I am just playing with v16 and this isn't obvious to me.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Ignore me I've found it. Doh.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It's also worth bearing in mind that to pass as valid XML, any foreign characters that might appear in your Product Descriptions need to be escaped so that they will pass XML standards. Most of them will be smoothed over by the CDATA tags that Sellerdeck inserts, but not all. Ampersands in URLs are another one.

A good way to check is to view the feed file as uploaded in Chrome; if there are format or parse errors that might cause it to break it will soon let you know. Any products after the one where it breaks (scroll to the end) would not appear in the feed.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
              X