Upgrade from V14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from V14

I have tried to upgrade from 2014 but amongst the problems all my images in section views or marketing are not scaled but full size?
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Do you mean by this that your images are all huge?

I am getting something similar, although it is happening with images which are embedded into the site using HTML code, rather than images put into the image field on a product or section. It is happening on products and fragments.

However, if I upload the site to the web the images are correct so my problem is entirely in the preview part of Sellerdeck. My site is currently only running in test mode.

Did you get any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by David Clarke View Post
      Do you mean by this that your images are all huge?

I am getting something similar, although it is happening with images which are embedded into the site using HTML code, rather than images put into the image field on a product or section. It is happening on products and fragments.

However, if I upload the site to the web the images are correct so my problem is entirely in the preview part of Sellerdeck. My site is currently only running in test mode.

Did you get any solution?
      Using the 'Preview Current Page' (under 'web' in the main menu) is the best way of checking SellerDeck pages without having to upload them, as it passes them to your default browser. The SellerDeck preview can produce a number of odd effects especially as it depends on the current version of Internet Explorer on your PC.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Search the Help for "Embedded preview compatibility" and you'll find out how to control the browser used within the Preview Pane.

However if I set it to IE=11 (on a Win 10 system with IE 11 installed) then I cannot select layout items in the design tab. IE=10 seems fine.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It was only the marketing lists, such as related products, they were all full size 300x300 instead of scaled to thumbnail.

I have decided to star again - a fresh install of 2016 with just the essentials brought over from 2014 avoiding upgrading (which started life as v8 and has been patched numerous painful times).

Codepath (Andy) has a brilliant solution for this task.
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions although it did not make any difference. I guess the important thing is that it works ok on the internet.

Annoying that something I did not have a problem with in SD2014 is now a problem in SD2016 and all I have done is install 2016 and opening my previous site. There are others - my product options are now lower than the radio buttons for them - something that was not a problem in 2014.
            I did try starting from scratch and loading importing my old site using a CSV file exported from SD2014 but it failed completely saying that section headings were not correct. I do not have the time to start the whole site from scratch as there is too much on it.

Comment

Working...
            X