Google Brand Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Brand Import

Is it possible to import a data into the google brand field using a flat file import?

I have been unable to find a field in the mapping screen for this option.
    www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

No it doesn't look possible just done a quick test. Reason being is that brand isn't held in the Product Table but held elsewhere. That is my understanding.

However, it is possible to do hierarchical file import, which is really easy to do, I have attached a text file, originally Excel Spreadsheet but wasn't allowed to up load it.

So using Excel, get all your product codes and the next to them add your brand, it may be useful to have your short description in a column too especially if your product reference aren't very useful.

Once you have completed this and saved it as an Excel file. I have always had a problem saving it out from Excel, extra cells etc. So now I simply copy all the cells which contain data and paste it into a Notebook text file, works every time.

Then go to import and follow the instructions.

Very easy, good luck. Thanks M
    Attached Files
    Mash

Comment

Thanks mash,

i stayed away from the hierarchical import as when i looked at an exported file from one of my other sites was a little concerned at the level of work to restructure my existing csv.

what is nice to know is that i can use the hierarchical import with only the fields i want to update. As i certainly didn't want to do this for the whole website given the numbers of products i was dealing with.
      www.flytesofancy.co.uk, www.electricfencingkits.co.uk, www.dorsetlogstores.co.uk, www.framebow.co.uk

Comment

Codepath does an import export plug in that can be mapped easily for just about any field in and out, I use it for Google shopping. I use it to export all the usual..price/brand/mpn/availability/condition etc...you can choose to export to virtually any file type to.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

If you are focusing on just products, hierarchical import is pretty straight forward, you just build the file to suit. If you are unsure do take a snapshot first as you can roll it back then.

The key is getting the name for field correct, some are frustrating like 'Stock in hand' is actually 'nStockonhand' in the table, the number of times where I have had to map that when I have got the name wrong. Sellerdeck why!

Ed thanks for the info on Codepath, will have a look at that.
          Mash

Comment

Working...
          X