Filtered results and search results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtered results and search results?

In the latest few releases a key feature was sections being populated by filtered results, this has been useful but the lack of the buy button on the pages mean that people have to click through to the product page to actually purchase the product really lets it down.

So are filtered results and search results similar? If so can the hack for a buy button be applied to to filter results?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, examples would be handy thanks M
    Mash

Yes, filtered results and search results are basically the same. Norman Rouxel has posted a method for achieving what you want with the search results, and it should be adaptable for filtering. It's referenced from this Knowledge Base article:
    http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=45113

A warning though - this involves quite a lot of hacking with the SellerDeck code, it's quite complex, and we can't support it or provide any help if you get into difficulties. So do back up your site very carefully first.

I haven't tried it myself but I suspect it may only work for simple products, not for products with attributes, components or prompts.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

OK, thanks I will try this soon and see what happens, thanks M
      Mash

Comment

Working...
      X