Choices with quantity options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choices with quantity options

I am familiar with hidden products/associated products, components, attributes and choices, but I am wanting to do a further complication and am not sure whether possible. I want people to be able to order a product, which is a case of 21 items, be able to choose flavours in the case, and be able to choose any number of any of the flavours, total 21. I can do everything except give them the quantity choice. For example, so that they can choose 8 strawberry, 4 banana and 9 vanilla. Any ideas?

Sarah

You could do this by having simple attributes / choices. Like Qty Strawberry with Choices 0...21, likewise Qty Vanilla with Choices 0...21, etc.

Then you'd need some jQuery JavaScript that would scan the sets of Attributes for drop-downs starting with "Qty" and sum all their selected values text. If that number wasn't 21 it would display an error message and inhibit the add-to Cart.

A bit more work than can be provided for free (but probably not expensive), so email me unless you find an alternative solution.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman

Thank you for your offer. However, I think I will do something much simpler, like split the 21 items into 3 sets of 7 and customer can choose flavour for each set. That is easy to do without any script and I have done before something similar.

Sarah

Comment

Hi

Norman did use to have a matrix add on that could be used i imagine, not sure if revised for latter versions
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

That's my NorMatrix which is available for SD 2016 but might have been overkill at £150.

Here's what a mere £50 would have done http://www.drillpine.biz/v16-magiczo...48.html#SID=10

Comment

Hope you are doing OK out there Norman, we cannot afford to lose you from the forum. Keep safe
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Unfortunately, things are bit tense out here. Luckily I'm in the South West of Turkey where the vast majority are of a liberal inclination and it's still fairly peaceful. I'm hoping to stay until mid-October.

Comment

Working...
              X